Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
We seek an accomplished Sr. Associate Scientist to join the in vivo Tumor Biology Translational Sciences group within Oncology Research & Development (ORD), La Jolla, California. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of scientists, playing a leading role in the characterization of models of cancer and evaluating new drug candidates. Participate in pre-clinical drug discovery and development projects with a focus on targeted therapeutics, epigenetics and the tumor microenvironment. Characterize and develop small molecules in close collaboration with partner lines as an integral member of drug discovery teams. Evaluating anti-tumor effects of single agents or in combination with other modalities, employing and developing new cutting-edge in vivo cancer models and providing technical and scientific expertise in in vivo pharmacology to enable target identification, validation, prioritization, and efficient drug discovery of small molecules in Tumor Biology.
Ideal applicants will have excellent communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence.How You Will Achieve It
- Assist/Conduct in vivo studies to evaluate and establish efficacy, PK/PD relationship, combination strategy, biomarker identification and analysis.
- Interpretation, presentation and documentation of experiments.
- Presentation of results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Regularly read scientific papers and implement learnings in the study designs or project strategies.
- BS in Cancer Biology, Immunology or equivalent experience in a related discipline with 3 years of laboratory work experience in academia or industry or MS with relevant laboratory experience
- Ability to follow novel scientific or technological developments, and to implement them in the laboratory.
- In vivo skills (IV, PO dosing), blood/tissue collections
- Experience with in vivo models
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and diverse team environment
- Capability to contribute to a vivid and challenging intellectual environment
- Ability to integrate biological concepts into experimental design
- Ex vivo skills such as Western blot and qPCR
- Experience with GraphPad Prism and/or Studylog
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Must be able to wear specialized protective clothing and PPE (lab coat, safety shoes/glasses/etc).
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing and able to work after hours as needed to ensure study integrity
Other Job Details
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it’s needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development