STATISTICAL PROGRAMMER I
Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc (GBT) is seeking a Statistical Programmer I to design, develop, and modify SAS programs to analyze and evaluate clinical data in accordance with statistical analysis plans with supervision and/or mentoring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates ability to work with data from multiple platforms
- Develops, writes, documents and tests statistical programs given the parameters and/or someone's sample code
- Delivers code that requires minimal review and cross checking from a more senior individual and should use advanced programming methods, such as macros or reusable functions, advanced SQL, etc.
- Uses and adapt programs of others and document your own code
- Demonstrates basic ability to interpret bio-statistical, epidemiological, or general research results
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to other team members
- Provides review or revisions may be necessary in outside communications
- Trains and mentors Junior Statistical Programmers
- Assist in the development of relevant procedures and processes to ensure that statistical programs are properly documented and validated according to generally recognized industry and regulatory standards
- Support the preparation of clinical study reports, regulatory submissions, and annual DSUR and safety reports
- BA, BS or advanced degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, or biological sciences and a minimum of 1-year relevant work experience
- Experience in performing statistical programming using SAS® for creating and testing analysis datasets, tables, listings and figures for Phase I-IV clinical trials
- Good knowledge and understanding of SAS® programming concepts and skills
- Demonstrated proactivity and strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of and hands-on experience with CDISC (SDTM/ADaM) standards
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law, including disability/veteran status. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.