Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The VP & General Manager, Substance Use Disorder (SUD) business, North America position is the leader responsible for running the in-line commercial organizations for NARCAN Nasal Spray© brand and on-market products within Emergent’s Substance Use Disorder (SUD) business. The role creates annual plans for on-market products within the SUD business and introduction and launch of new SUD products from our pipeline. He/she will be accountable for managing the SUD licensed product revenue objectives, leading a matrixed organization operating in multiple countries. Develop and drive programs and in-market relationships in both retail and public interest markets across North America.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Leads SUD commercial planning and execution to ensure that sales, marketing, market access, trade & distribution, customer support teams, public affairs, medical affairs and other cross-functional partners all align and deliver on the business plans for the brand
• Accountable for building and executing brand commercial activities to deliver on sales growth targets
• Develop and execute market-specific launch plans for products in late-stage development and execute Life Cycle Management strategies for on-market products
• Build, foster and maintain a sustainable high-performing commercial team
• Recruit, coach and mentor leaders to help build the commercial leadership capabilities we need to operate the business today and for the future
• Manage network of teams that operate in multiple global markets
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• An undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree preferably in the domains of science or business; MBA preferred
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in commercial roles in the biopharmaceutical industry
• Product launch experience; successful track record in delivering sales results, and experience building and managing commercial teams
• Must have marketing AND sales experience within the biopharmaceutical industry – in a large pharmaceutical company or a commercially successful start-up
• Strong knowledge of the US healthcare industry is required; prior experience in ex-US markets is highly desired
• Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to influence/lead without authority
• Key competencies include strategic mindset, driving vision & purpose, and a proven track record of building high-performing results-driven teams.
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.