Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Immunologist with expertise in immuno-oncology to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel cellular therapeutics. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of NK or T cell biology, ideally with a focus on cell-based therapy and solid tumors. Extensive experience with in vitro functional characterization of NK or T cells is required. Experience with current molecular techniques relevant to engineered cell therapies is desirable. Experience with in vivo tumor models is desirable. The successful candidate will provide scientific and technical input for ongoing project initiatives, execute key in vitro studies, and coordinate in vivo studies. This is a full-time position reporting to a Senior Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy and is located at the company’s corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.Responsibilities
- Identify and explore new areas of research in cell-based immunotherapy for solid tumors.
- Execute experiments to test novel iPSC-derived CAR-T or CAR-NK cells designed to overcome the tumor microenvironment
- Perform phenotypic and functional analysis of CAR-T or -NK cells using multi-parameter flow cytometry and standard in vitro assays looking at proliferation, cytokine secretion, polyfunctionality, and target cell killing
- Develop and optimize new in vitro assays and workflows for testing CAR-T or -NK function
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee in vivo studies and ex vivo analysis of iPSC-derived CAR-T cells
- Design and develop novel modalities for next generation iPSC-derived CAR-T or -NK cells
- Ensure consistent progress toward achieving team objectives and timelines
- Prepare data packages and present to immuno-oncology groups and larger program-specific teams or external collaborators
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ph.D. in Immunology, cancer biology, or other related field, with 2+ years of relevant post-doctoral and/or industry experience
- Strong ability to design, develop and implement novel in vivo xenograft tumor models
- Excellent working knowledge of standard immunology assays used to characterize T cells or NK cells
- Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry, including intracellular staining
- Experience with molecular cloning and assembly, transfection, or lentiviral transduction of primary immune cells
- Experience with xCelligence or IncuCyte platforms is desirable
- Experience/ knowledge of CRISPR gene modification is a plus
- Proven ability to coordinate with multiple researchers for scheduling and execution of complex experiments
- Excellent communication and organization skills are a must
- Positive outlook, willingness to learn, and a team-oriented attitude
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com