Why Patients Need You
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.
This position is a leader of leaders, responsible for a sizable multi-shift team whose primary focus is inspection operations. Key accountabilities include production operation management, technical problem solving, financial oversight, safety and compliance leadership, and customer service to assure that production output meets the demands from the business.
This position is responsible for the leadership of a sizable multi-shift team whose primary focus is inspection operations. This leader is also accountable for technical assessment of processes (including product transfers), maintaining a culture of compliance, and innovation within the assigned asset base. The Leader will need to guide the team through appropriate application of technical knowledge to troubleshoot activities, provide investigation support, analyze process data, and identify and implement process improvements.
This position provides oversight of master scheduling, production planning, and daily scheduling functions. The position has a significant accountability for budget preparation, attainment, and product costing. The leader will guide a strong safety culture, continuous improvement activities, provide support for regulatory filings and qualifications. This position often interacts with regulatory audits as an SME and tour guide.
The leader will drive appropriate capital investment strategies. Critical to success will be leading a successful IMEx process centric culture and providing ongoing coaching and development to sustain qualified Process Centric Teams.
This leader must deliver change management guidance and coaching to support area colleagues. Reinforce cultural changes necessary to ensure successful implementation. This leader is directly responsible for driving team performance to meet and exceed production and financial targets while maintaining strong quality and safety compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Engineering, Pharmacy, or related science and minimum of 9 years of experience or Master's degree plus 7 years of experience required.
- Previous experience as a manager of colleagues is required (minimum of 5 years) and experience leading first line supervisors and managers is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in process excellence and performance improvement tools.
- Ability to assess data and make recommendations based on data.
- Ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Knowledge and experience with applying and implementing Lean Principles.
- Experience and/or understanding of working in the pharmaceutical Industry.
- Injectable inspection and/or packaging experience highly desirable, exposure to multiple sites/practices, and project management experience highly desirable.
- The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to share vision, direction, and data with colleagues across all levels and in wide range of different work groups.
- Demonstrated skills in leading; operational planning; integrating, managing and/or coordinating similar/related teams, units, work processes and/or functions.
- Comprehensive demonstrated skills in facilitating trust, understanding, growth, empowering and enabling employee, business and customer relationships.
- Proven track record of delivering results consistently while being a role model for the Pfizer Leader Behaviors.
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies, including lean/six sigma skills.
- Ability to drive standardization approach
Job will include standing, walking, and sitting. Occasional lifting may be required. Job will also entail occasional off-shift and weekend work. Because the position does hold ad hoc memberships on several corporate teams, travel to other Pfizer sites may be
This position will operate Primarily on First Shift, but will have direct reports supporting a 24/7 operation.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional travel may be required for specific projects or training.
Aseptic gowning training may be required.
Job will also require occasional weekend/evening work supporting a 24-hour/7 day operation.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 17, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package: Yes
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.