Why Patients Need You
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.
What You Will Achieve
You will be using your extensive management skills to successfully support the production process. You will drive the efficiencies of the
overall manufacturing systems impacting quality operations of their respective area of operation, including maintenance, batch record, manufacturing quality, reliability, training, etc.
This position is a highly motivated and driven leader responsible for the implementation, evolution and sustainability of Pfizer’s IMEx processes within the Drug Product Operations. Responsibilities include the development, prioritization and management of the project portfolio necessary for Drug Product Operation’s growth and continuous productivity improvements. This position will fully engage with and drive process improvements across all production units within Drug Product. The successful candidate will also support, contribute to and/or lead sitewide projects and strategic initiatives. Key accountabilities include project oversight and management, technical problem solving, achieving financial targets, safety and compliance leadership, and customer service to assure operational output meets the business requirements and demands.
How You Will Achieve It
- Provide guidance, lead/co-lead projects, manage own time to meet objectives and plan resource requirements for projects across the division.
- Effectively manage and coordinate manufacturing technical processes and functions at the site in support of technical projects.
- Identify and implement cost savings ideas, specifically efficiency improvements and other projects that increase equipment capacity.
- Incorporate Current Good Manufacturing Practices regulatory and safety compliance into all assigned projects' scope and design.
This position is responsible for oversight of the IMEx processes (Operational Management System) at all levels within the Drug Product operations. This leader is accountable for the technical assessment and project management of key initiatives necessary to realize step changes to production processes, output efficiencies and continuous improvement of operation performance. This position will contribute to maintaining a culture of safety, compliance, and innovation across Drug Product operations. The leader will develop a project portfolio required to meet short and long term Drug Product objectives and manage these initiatives utilizing Focus Factory and sitewide resources. Critical to success will be leading a successful IMEx process centric culture and providing ongoing coaching and development to sustain qualified Process Centric Teams. This leader must deliver change management guidance and coaching to support area colleagues. They will reinforce process and cultural changes necessary to ensure successful implementation and sustainability. This leader will support site level projects and initiatives.
- Applicant must have 10 years of relevant experience; OR an Associate's degree with eight years of experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience; OR a Master’s degree with more than three years of experience; OR a Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to and lead project teams
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience in process excellence, IMEx (Operational Management Systems) and performance improvement tools.
- Knowledge and experience with applying and implementing Lean Principles.
- Ability to assess data and make recommendations based on data.
- Ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Proven track record of delivering results consistently while being a role model for the Pfizer Leader Behaviors.
- Ability to drive standardization approach
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies, including lean/six sigma skills.
- Ability to drive standardization approach
Job will include standing, walking, and sitting. Job will also entail occasional off-shift and weekend work. Travel to other Pfizer sites may be required infrequently.
This position will operate Primarily on First Shift.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional travel may be required for specific projects or training.
Aseptic gowning training may be required.
Job will also require occasional weekend/evening work supporting a 24-hour/7 day operation.
- Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 17, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.