For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
Why Patients Need You
Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and faster, you will be making a difference to countless lives.
What You Will Achieve
Colleague in this position manages acts as SAP Finance Functional Lead, who manages projects that help achieve business strategy and vision, in Finance and integrated areas critical to the organization. Colleague delivers global sustainable and integrated Solutions, providing Pfizer a competitive advantage, enabling greater productivity in a managed risk environment. Colleague leads the development and oversees process and technology improvement projects and initiatives. Colleague creates strategy and leads the execution in SAP Banking and Cash Management space.
Collaborates with digital management and business stakeholders, to define strategy and processes that are aligned with corporate, departmental and /or functional area strategies and objectives. Works closely with management on significant business process or technical matters and provides technical expertise.
This role provides the necessary strategic guidance and oversight of SAP FICO configuration / settings to ensure global banking and regulatory compliance in ever changing landscape. It is essential to have deep functional knowledge of SAP FICO / Banking space for the candidate to be successful in this role.
How You Will Achieve It
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture. Ownership of system applications in support of Pfizer Global Business Services, Finance, and integrated functions.Colleague is the Digital partner to the key business stakeholders, as well as global and local leadership.
- Provide guidance, lead/co-lead projects, manage own time to meet objectives and plan resource requirements for projects across the division.
- Designs and delivers solutions that meets the critical needs of the business and supports value realization.
- Ensures business adoption by supporting training, communities of practice and end-user engagement on a continuous basis.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of own discipline and good understanding of others and applies these skills as a technical resource and in recommendations for improvements.
- Sets objectives for and manages moderately complex projects, process improvement initiatives and ongoing enhancements and ensure they are driven by business value globally, legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Partners with Business Process Owners, members of the Digital Team, and internal clients to ensure timely, cost effective deployment of Finance solutions. Proactively identify opportunities for process and organization efficiencies based on deep understanding of business needs and global model design.
- Responsible for compliance of solutions developed and implemented to ensure risk management of the business processes.
- Ensure that end-to-end solutions are coherent across Pfizer's system landscape.
- Exercises own judgment leveraging knowledge and experience.
- Has direct accountability for moderately complex project-based budgets and deadlines within the immediate group.
- BS/BA in Technical or Business field
- 8 or more years of relevant experience
- SAP FICO Configuration experience is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to enable interactions at various levels in the organization
- Understanding of Financial concepts and key success factors for business performance
- Expertise and knowledge of Global ERP systems design and deployment
- Knowledge of global model process architecture and maintenance
- Knowledge of management reporting requirements and functional design
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking and generate the rationale for the value of business process standardization
- Expertise in SAP and other systems relevant to financial business processes
- System integration experience with edge system applications including external vendors (consolidation, treasury, cloud-based solutions etc.)
- Strong management skills and ability to build a cohesive team
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience working on global programs a plus
- Good understanding for what the business customers expectations are and what their preferences are and how digital fits in
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working within a team environment across business functions to influence a desired outcome
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 8/18/2022
- Additional Location Information: Tampa, Florida; Peapack, NJ
- Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech