What You Will Achieve
We seek an accomplished Scientist level oncologist to join the in vivo Tumor Biology Translational Sciences group within Oncology Research & Development (ORD), La Jolla, California. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of scientists and play a lead role in using models of cancer to evaluate new drug candidates, mechanisms, and targets.
The Scientist will participate in pre-clinical drug discovery and development programs with a focus on tumor intrinsic biology related to signal transduction, targeted therapeutics, and epigenetics. The candidate will employ and develop cutting edge in vivo mouse and human cancer models to evaluate and characterize large and small molecules in close collaboration with partner lines as an integral member of the drug discovery teams. The applicant will provide technical and scientific expertise in in vivo Pharmacology across ORD to enable target identification, validation, prioritization, and efficient drug discovery. Ideal applicants will be collaborative and team-oriented, possessexcellent communication, leadership and organizational skills and a commitment to excellence.How You Will Achieve It
- Plan, execute and analyze in vivo pharmacology studies.
- Characterize new in vivo mouse models, including syngeneic tumor and genetically engineered mouse models (GEMMs), to study biologic mechanisms and support exploration of novel therapies.
- Conduct in vivo studies to evaluate and establish efficacy, PK/PD relationship, combination strategy, biomarker identification and analysis.
- Perform ancillary in vitro and ex vivo assays to characterize effects of experimental medicines that may include Western Blot, qPCR, scRNAseq or other assays as needed.
- Quality documentation and interpretation of experimental results
- Presentation of results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ensure appropriate use of animals in compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Tumor Biology/Oncology or similar, with 6+ years relevant experience or Master's degree with 4+ years of experience
- Current knowledge of Oncology research, drug discovery, and development
- Experience with animal models of human cancers.Hands on in vivo skills (IV, PO, SC, IP dosing), blood/tissue collection
- Ability to follow novel scientific or technological developments, and to implement them in the laboratory
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
- Strong ability to multi-task and work productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and diverse team environment
- Capability to contribute to a vivid and challenging intellectual environment
- Ability to integrate biological concepts into experimental design
- Ex vivo skills such as Western blot and qPCR
- Experience with GraphPad Prism and/or Studylog
- Industry experience
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
- Must be able to wear specialized protective clothing and PPE (lab coat, safety shoes/glasses/etc)
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing and able to work after hours as needed to ensure study integrity
Other Job Details
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it’s needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development