The Associate Business Systems Consultant is a key contributor to the development, maintenance, enhancement, and deployment of new or existing business applications, providing specialized technical and business knowledge to projects, with special focus on patient care model capabilities. This role will partner with the business team to identify scope, use cases, gather requirements, participate in UAT and support implementation of Care model and patient engagement systems while aligning to BTS global standards and best practices. This role will analyze business processes, elicits requirements, analyzes, and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components.
- Understand AbbVie Patient services landscape and keep abreast with continuously evolving care model and patient engagement capabilities and systems. Becomes expert on business process flows, data flow and application functionalities under their area.
- Meet with customers to gather requirements for new systems/interfaces or enhancements to existing systems and translate them into solutions partnering with technical teams, vendors, or consultants. Train business on key technologies.
- Take ownership of managing Epics and user stories in agile tools like JIRA. Ensure that user stories are groomed to reflect finer details. Work with business stakeholders to maintain backlog of requirements.
- Support upgrades, enhancements, testing, validation, and overall performance of systems; analyze software releases to assess impact of new features.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement. Work with BTS management to communicate value to business stakeholders. Coordinate implementation of process improvements.
- Maintain compliance with AbbVie Software Development Lifecycle policy.
- Effectively manage communications and expectations with internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner. Work with respective BTS product owners and solution architects to come up with solution for Patient Services business needs.
- Build on technical skills by learning about the AbbVie care model systems and key integrations with other systems like Patient App, Social page, SFMC through participating and coordinating effort of research, planning and implementation of new integrations.
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) in order to educate cross functional teams on current and future capabilities of patient engagement solutions.
- Network and collaborate to participate in planning meetings with our Global Colleagues and Leadership Teams, as well as coordinate with internal teams and third-party vendors.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience.
- Experience in a lead business analysis role and in partnering with stakeholders to understand business requirements, program needs, and demonstrated ability to translate those into realistic and innovative technology and process solutions.
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering workshops, to elicit user requirements.
- Experience with agile tools like JIRA in documenting epics and user stories.
- Experience with project and/or project management and business systems analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong problem resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of Software System Lifecycle.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork skills and a strong customer focus.
- Track record of driving project deliverables to successful conclusion.
- Ability to multi-task, work in diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams with great attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience with building and deploying mobile applications preferred.
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms, Marketing Cloud and Campaign management applications preferred.
- Agile software development experience preferred.