Not Just Bigger, But Better…
At IFF, an industry leader in food, beverage, health, biosciences and sensorial experiences, science and creativity meet to create essential solutions for a better world – from global icons to unexpected innovations and experiences. With the beauty of art and the precision of science, we are an international collective of thinkers who partners with customers to bring scents, tastes, experiences, ingredients, and solutions for products the world craves. Together, we will #DoMoreGood for people and planet.
It’s an exciting time to be part of the IFF family at the Cedar Rapids, IA facility. Check us out!
What We Offer
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance – Including a generous company contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, and Vision Insurance. We also offer Life and even Pet Insurance
- Legal Assistance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Protection
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave – 16 Weeks
- 401k – 6% company match of employee’s first 6% PLUS an additional 3% company contribution
- 3 weeks of vacation to start (prorated in the first year)
- 12 company-paid holidays annually
- Wellness Program – Earn credits receive a total of $500 Premium Differential
- On-site employee gym
- Career Development Program – Learn and grow at IFF
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-sponsored seasonal events
The Grain Processing business within Health & Biosciences has an exciting and challenging opening for a Regional Application Development Leader for North America, located at the Applied Innovation Center in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Our portfolio includes animal health solutions & feed enzymes, cultures for plant-based food, dairy cultures, dietary fibers, food enzymes, and enzymes and yeast for fermentation alcohol. Our specific end-markets include home & personal care, animal nutrition, grain processing, microbial control, food and dietary supplements.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and maintain a high performing regional application team providing output of consistent high technical quality that meets customer needs.
- Collaborate with the Global Application Leader and Regional Industry Leader to develop, update and execute the regional application development strategy and align with the global business and application development strategies.
- Propose and drive development of additional application competencies required to support short-term and strategic Grain Processing business goals.
- Lead and assist in the development of enzyme and yeast products through the formulation, application characterization, trial, and launch stages.
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders and customers to define technical development objectives.
- Ensure that department safety, health and environmental procedures are followed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master or PH.D. in a technical/scientific discipline, relevant experience in and Application or Laboratory environment.
- 5 plus years of experience in grain processing or enzyme/yeast industry.
- Demonstrated successful product development for industrial enzyme customers.
- Background in design and execution of laboratory application development and testing.
- Industry experience with the ability to identify key existing and future customer needs and trends.
- Leadership skills with the ability to coach and motivate.
- Experience with continuous improvement and effective time management skills.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Willingness to travel when needed (30%)
Pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check required.
Want to find out more about us?
Please visit https://www.iff.com/careers to learn more.
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex, or veteran status. We strive for an inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more.