We are currently searching for a Communications Project Editor to independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Cancer Institute, Center for Cancer Research. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services. This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as communications project editor and coordinator for the NCI-CONNECT initiative and associated initiative-related communications projects at the direction of branch leadership.
- Ability to take complex scientific topics and make into lay friendly educational materials or health care provider friendly educational materials.
- Ability to write for social media, websites, and online platforms, and assist in posting content when needed.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow editorial styles per institutional guidelines or journal guidelines to write and edit articles, blogs, manuscripts, educational web content or other materials with consistent voice, tone, and style.
- Assists in project development and processes, including tasks and deliverables to keep the project running smoothly, when related to communications projects.
- Collaborates on developing strategic communications plans that advance the goals and vision of the Branch and its associated initiatives at the direction of branch leadership.
- Builds strong relationships and is an effective collaborator with branch colleagues, key partners, stakeholders, and others when related to communications projects.
- Clear, concise, and accurate writing and editing in all work products.
- Ability to create new communications content from start to finish, including interviewing expert sources and conducting research to finalizing for publication.
- Assists in developing and publishing communications products that enhance visibility and education to meet Branch and its associated initiatives goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications related field such as Mass Media, Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or similar disclipine
- At least 3 years of experience
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Excellent time management
- MS Office Suite
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.