Manager: Senior Manager
Department: Technical Operations, Vector Production and Development
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
JOB SUMMARY: This is a temporary Research Associate position in the Vector Production and Development Group within Technical Operations. The candidate will be part of a virus production team manufacturing and characterizing viral vectors. The candidate may also be responsible for constructing new vectors.
- Transfection or infection of cell lines
- Purification of viral vectors
- Analysis of viral vectors using a variety of techniques
- Construction of new vectors
- Database entry
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or higher in molecular biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company.
- Hands on expertise in mammalian tissue culture
- Experience in viral production and purification preferred
- Hands on expertise in the following techniques: PCR, SDS-PAGE, ELISAs and DNA sequencing
- Ability to design cloning schemes and experience with various cloning techniques
- Ability to maintain databases in Excel and Access
- Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Preferred but not required
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
- Ability to write, review and follow SOPs
- Familiarity with QA/QC procedures
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine & booster, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves.