1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle every year. At Navigate we envision a disease free world – our talented and passionate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision. Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate Biopharma, a fully owned subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
As Senior Scientist, working in our Flow Cytometry Group, you will contribute to the development of high complexity flow cytometry biomarker assays using state-of-art instrumentation and moving projects forward. You will also be involved in activities related to testing of clinical specimens from patients enrolled in clinical trials applying the highest standards and following all GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA recommendations and regulations. You will be expected to provide scientific leadership to junior staff and to develop strong collaborations intra and inter-departments.
Note: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Design, create, execute, and troubleshoot new procedures and complex flow cytometry assays while ensuring all timelines and assay performance criteria are met.
2. Manage & execute laboratory research and testing of patient specimens ensuring quality standards are met in laboratory testing
3. Responsible for writing and reviewing technical documents and external presentations. Attends networking events and keeps abreast of scientific and methodological advances
4. In a matrix environment, train and assist new staff on scientific concepts, technical details, and operational procedures.
5. Analyze complex data for trends making recommendations to more senior scientific staff
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements What you will bring to the role:
1. PhD with minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in flow cytometry or immunology, or MS with 8+years, or BS with 12+ years
2. High level of understanding of biological sciences and familiarity with flow cytometry both at the bench and in data analysis. Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
3. Highest scientific and technical standards for the successful completion of projects.
4. Critical thinking is a must, high degree of ownership and accountability, ability to quickly adapt to changing projects and priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
5. Team player, enthusiastic, open-minded, self-motivated, “can-do” attitude, sense of mentorship.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of cell characterization assays directly applicable to the research services provided by Navigate (tissue culture, cellular biological techniques such as flow cytometry, cell isolation procedures, IHC, etc.) is strongly preferred
• Deep hands-on knowledge in phenotyping of normal and abnormal immune cell subsets, including stem cells, is strongly preferred
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. Our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Business Unit NAVIGATE BIOPHARMA SERVICES
Site Carlsbad, CA
Company/Legal Entity Navigate BioPharma Svcs., Inc.
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No