Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets
As a cell culture research associate, you will execute large scale, cell culture processes to support our technology platform. Primary responsibilities include mammalian cell culture maintenance, large scale expansion and banking for several research programs and HTP automated screening. You will collaborate with colleagues both within and across teams to advance our mission in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You’re self-motivated, organized and responsive to feedback
- You’re collaborative and willing to help others
- You have excellent communication skills
- You’re rigorous about record keeping
- You enjoy learning and improving
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy cell culture processes
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and expand cell lines in a large-scale setup, to support our research programs
- Bank cell lines and maintain accurate records
- Utilize liquid handling systems and laboratory robotics
- Interact with researchers to ensure timely delivery of cells and assay plates
- Perform practical lab work, schedule day to day tasks, and ensure timely delivery of quality results
- B.S in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, or related discipline
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and related techniques is required
- Experience with automation and other high-throughput instruments is a plus
- Ability to show adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Works well both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.