For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
Pfizer's Financial Services organization delivers best-in-class accounting, finance and compliance operations globally for the Pfizer enterprise. This organization is a high performing team comprised of more than 1600 colleagues primarily located in 6 locations around the world, in addition to an outsourced workforce of 200 people. The industry-leading value proposition is to centralize, standardize and optimize complex processes and in delivering a quality service at a reasonable cost with a compliance mindset. The scope of services provided include Record to Report processes: US Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Statutory Reporting, Financial Reporting, Intercompany, Financial Master Data Governance, Risk Management & Compliance, Capital, Inventory, Lease and Balance Sheet; Transaction Processing in Procure to Pay, Indirect Tax, Order to Cash, Credit Risk and Gross to Net; Operational Transfer Pricing; Treasury Operations, and MAPP Administration.
The RM&C Senior Analyst will be part of the Risk Management & Compliance team. This team is responsible for financial controls and compliance, compliance leadership and support activities.
This role works closely with Corporate Audit, KPMG, and Business Process Owners. This role will be responsible for supporting audit coordination, compliance projects, and initiatives implementation/execution.
The position will primarily focus on GBS Financial Services and will work with other teams as assigned.
- Within the GBS site, help to develop and maintain a strong and practical risk awareness, compliance, and control culture and environment
- Primary areas of responsibility will include
- Internal and External Audit Coordination
- Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting
- SOX Oversight
- Change Management & Support
- Training & Communication Coordination
- SOPs & Compliance Documentation advice, coordination & review
- Partner with Corporate Audit and business process owners in planning and coordinating efficient internal and external audits of in scope activities, and in closing remediation
- Support internal and external audits visits, including sample compilation, logistics, etc.
- Support risk assessments conducted by Corporate Audit
- Work with business process owners to identify potential risks and execution of related mitigation plans, and outline improvements made in processes and controls to local and global leadership team.
- Escalate issues and recommend resolution plans in a timely manner to management when necessary
- Provide expertise and guidance to business process owners in the development, execution, and documentation of remedial actions for any deficiencies in Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR)/SOX or FCPA design, operating effectiveness, or process enhancements, and Corporate Audits; drive and consider global standardization across region for changes resulting from deficiencies
- Support issue resolution and controls inquiries from the business process owners
- Prepare complex analysis for external auditors and corporate audit; own all required support including the resolution of open questions and concerns
- Compile metrics, tracking of initiatives and ad-hoc reports as requested
- Facilitate updates on local policy and procedures, as well as timely communication of updates.
- Ensure process changes are in compliance with Pfizer accounting / internal control policies and SOX, including related document maintenance.
- Assist with RM&C responsibilities as assigned such as facilitating quarterly control, business environment and policy assessments (SOX surveys, APP attestation), collecting annual service provider documentation (SOC 1 reports) and completing required assessments, etc.
- Conduct compliance training for business process owners on areas of risk and points of vulnerability in processing.
- Drill down into business processes and controls with process owners to become the SME in both controls and process execution.
- Research and resolve discrepancies and complex compliance, technical or operational accounting issues as necessary and provide a range of potential solutions
- Participate in and/or lead special projects, special investigations and other initiatives to support RM&C Lead
- Assist global process owners on creation and harmonization of controls-related documentation (e.g. global SOPs) conforming acquired company procedures and processes to established company standards and controls.
- Engage with stakeholders to design, test and maintain Business Continuity Plans for GBS teams
- Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead the development of range of solutions.
- Support Pfizer Purpose Blueprint and GBO/GFS Make It Possible Strategy; Global Reward and Recognition programs; Driving operational excellence through Pfizer Purpose, Values and Behaviors.
- Foster a culture of compliance awareness, ownership, accountability and transparency across the site
- Provide training to GBS colleagues as required
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or other business-related field required
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant required
- 4+ years of experience, preferably in Internal or External Audit, SOX or GRC Compliance or Shared Services Quality Control
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles
- Proficiency in PC skills (MS excel, Word, Power Point)
- Strong business acumen, compliance mindset and professionalism with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues in all functions and levels
- Ability to work in a high-performing team environment; demonstrated strong leadership in an increasingly complex and fast-moving environment.
- Relationship building skills with business process owners, management and other stakeholders (Pfizer “compliance community” including KPMG and Corporate Audit Site representatives) in order to demonstrate a position of trust
- Excellent oral, written, and overall communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Professional skepticism and pro-activeness to identify control weaknesses and areas for improvements
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and solve problems in an unstructured environment
- Demonstrate courage, excellence, equity and joy and embody our values and behaviors
Primary groups of interaction are:
- GBS Leadership
- Corporate Audit
- Corporate Compliance
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Finance & Accounting