The Executive Protection (EP) Role is an integral member of the Pfizer Executive Leadership Protection Program and is responsible for the execution and implementation of this program andensures that all Pfizer executive leaders have adequate protection for their business and personal lives commensurate with their position and the security threats they face. This includes developing and applying strategic direction on appropriate protection measures to mitigate risk whenever traveling outside of Pfizer HQ, located in New York, whether domestic or international. The EP Role must be available at all hours to ensure no harm comes to Pfizer executives.
The EP Role will also interface with employees and support staff across multiple teams within and outside Pfizer and particularly must possess the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact when interacting with Pfizer executive leadership, their respective chiefs of staff, executive assistants, and personnel assigned to Pfizer Corporate Aviation. The EP Role must provide a strategic and consistent level of protective service during both domestic and international travel.
The successful candidate must possess necessary skills to establish trust and confidence with the executives, their respective staff and be sensitive to business etiquette and corporate culture and must have the capability to make risk assessments, site security assessments and security plans in support of managing and documenting activities associated to the Executive Protection program.
- Ensure the medical health and safety of Pfizer executives during domestic and international travel.
- Must adhere to the Executive Protection accepted best practices to protect Pfizer executives in all aspects of life; home, office and traveling.
- Ability to utilize protective measures and protocols to mitigate threats during domestic and international travel.
- Build a network of contacts and relationships throughout the company, local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, and at the executive’s travel destination to ensure appropriate protective measures are in place.
- Must act mature, discreet and provide responsive and dependable security risk management while remaining sensitive to the company’s culture.
- Must excel at facilitating, i and maintaining a discrete but vigilant security presence when interacting with the executives.
- Ability to adopt a continuous improvement mindset to reflect changes in the threat landscape.
- Bachelors, 4 Year colleague degree required
- 7 years minimum of law enforcement experience required
- Experience and expertise in working protective services
- Proficient report writer
- Prior experience in budget management
- Prior exposure to and utilization of intelligence analysis
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on securitypresentations/briefingsfor Executives and Staff
- Excellent people skills – ability to coordinate and collaborate with executive leaders, leadership’s staff, security professionals and business partners both inside and outside of Pfizer
- Good command of HR policies and strong advocate for a professional and equal opportunity workplace valuing all colleagues
- At a minimum CPR certified.
- Trained and proficient in all levels of threat identification and response.
- Authorized to carry a firearm
- Required to sign a confidentiality & non-disclosure agreement
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Nice To Have:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated technical capabilities related to protection services preferred
- EMT or Paramedic qualifications preferred
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- 75% international and national travel required
- Long and off hours
- Weekends included
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 12, 2022
- Additional Location Information: New York, NY
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.