Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
About the job
In this role, you will support the Chief Technology Officer/ SVP R&D. As the Chief of Staff, you will work closely with senior executives and their leadership teams to help them effectively run their team and business. Critical to your success is the ability to flex across both strategic and operational initiatives and build effective bridges and alignment through strong partnerships and communication skills.
The R&D team is responsible for both in-line product improvements and new product innovation. You will help align on priorities, align resources around the key priorities, assist the CTO in people management and administration for the function and ensure proper communication occurs across the entire function. In addition, you will help establish and track agenda and priorities for the CTO, help hire and onboard talent, highlight and track progress on key initiatives and help drive execution.
- Help set strategy and goals for the organization, track progress, and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Partner with the key stakeholders to establish and refine processes and tools to manage the business cadence of the organization including annual planning, goals, cross-team communication, and decision-making.
- Manage key communications and reporting, across all levels of the organization, including to the functional leads, cross-functionally and cross-product areas, team all-hands meetings, and off-sites. Serve as a proxy for the CTO, as appropriate.
- Drive talent and culture initiatives in partnership with HR, including recruiting, onboarding, product management Learning and Development programs, performance management, compensation planning, talent reviews, retention, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Oversee the Office of the CTO.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience, including experience as Chief of Staff, project manager, researcher and/or partnering with senior executives.
- PhD in science or engineering
- Experience with cross-functional senior stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership through influence.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on teamwork.
- Ability to influence without authority, working on and with technical and cross-functional or highly matrixed teams who do not report into this role to get things done.
- Empathy and high EQ.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to represent complex business or technical concepts with senior leadership.
- A commitment to building inclusive teams and team culture.