The Business Development Director will investigate, identify, qualify, pursue, and support capture of new business pursuits and critical re-competes involving opportunities within our Life Sciences (LS) and Health Information Systems (HIS) business units. The selected individual must possess strong interpersonal skills and proven expertise growing and managing a pipeline of services and solutions in the Health IT and Life Sciences space, with a particular focus on the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The position will be located in Rockville, MD., with frequent travel to customer sites (DC Metro and occasional trips outside of the area) required as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and own a pipeline containing opportunities in Life Sciences and Health IT, with a particular focus on the National Institutes of Health (NIH), that align to MSC’s core capabilities.
- Lead pursuits and adhere to MSC’s Business Development Lifecycle.
- Provide critical leadership from early opportunity identification and qualification through the post-submission phases of an opportunity. The position will require performing both business development and capture and will formulate, communicate, and implement an integrated capture and proposal strategy that provides customers with a clear and defendable justification for selecting MSC.
- Work in close collaboration with the Business Unit Senior Vice President(s) to ensure alignment with contract delivery and revenue goals.
- Identify potential opportunities, arrange meetings, initiate marketing strategies, and build relationships with key potential customers and industry partners.
- Identify and mature opportunities for innovation and net new growth.
- Ensure active management of long-range Account Plans and collaborate to actively integrate Account Plan activities and content with MSC’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop and implement capture plans, strategies, and budgets; have a firm comprehension of the customer’s requirements, hot buttons, and issues; understand the strengths/weaknesses of our competitors; and develop/implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
- Manage strategic bids including IDIQs, and full and open bids, and lead at times, corresponding proposal teams.
- Establish value-added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to deliver a profitable return at a winning price.
- Prepare and present opportunities, capture, and solution strategy briefings for operating unit, business unit, division, and corporate management.
- As part of the MSC Team, bring proven expertise to all aspects of the growth lifecycle and processes including improvements for future acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-8 years’ experience in Strategic Capture, Business Development, or Program Management in relevant markets and/or domains.
- Proven experience leading and winning contracts in the Federal government with knowledge of respective acquisition / procurement policies and regulations.
- Well-versed in industry practices/trends/leaders.
- Possess ability to motivate and energize a team to produce a winning solution.
- Experience supporting the Proposal Manager throughout the proposal development lifecycle as the focal point for the Capture/Business Development of the opportunity.
- Must possess ability to work with other members of the BD organization to include capture management and proposals groups.
- Experience writing and managing sections of proposals as assigned by the Proposal Manager.
- Ability to develop and implement creative strategies into winning bids including a thorough understanding of price-to-win analysis.
- Experience leading capture efforts for both systems integration, software development and services opportunities utilizing a variety of cost structures including time-and-material, firm-fixed-price, and cost-plus.
- Possess excellent written/verbal communications skills, presentation skills, and organizational time management skills.
- Display a strong customer-facing presence.
- Must possess experience coordinating the activities of geographically dispersed teams and teammates.
- Must possess ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Must possess ability to work collaboratively with leadership team to develop sound, executable business development strategies.
- Must possess ability to develop innovative ideas into actionable process improvements to improve daily business development operations.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.