Capstan Therapeutics is developing a targeted delivery platform and therapeutics to reprogram immune cells in vivo in a scalable and controlled format, for a broad range of disease categories. The core technology originating from University of Pennsylvania comprises Targeted Lipid Nanoparticles (tLNPs) to enable off-the-shelf immunotherapies, with tight control of dosage and of activity of engineered cells. The objective is to advance transformative first-in-class and best-in-class products for oncology, fibrosis and inflammation-related diseases and blood monogenic disorders. Our dynamic start-up is founded by pioneers in the field of immunotherapy, regenerative medicine and drug delivery including experienced industry leaders and academic faculty members from U Penn.
In summary, Capstan Therapeutics aspires to become the leader of a new revolution in medicine, opening the avenue of in vivo reprogramming of the immune system and bringing this treatment modality to a broad range of medical needs. With locations in Philadelphia and San Diego, we are looking for talented individuals to join us in San Diego for this position.
The Research Associate, Preclinical models and Bioanalytical Assays will play a key role in the pre-clinical team screening candidate tLNPs for various indications including oncology, fibrosis and inflammation-related diseases and blood monogenic disorders. The candidate will be an instrumental team member focused on the generation of pre-clinical data required for candidate selection.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Strong preclinical model animal experience including designing, optimizing, executing and troubleshooting in-vivo small animal studies.
- Experienced with common routes of administration and sample collection in preclinical animal models.
- Experienced prosector with strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Preference for candidates experienced in primary cell culture, sterile technique, and general tissue culture techniques.
- Able to assist with the characterization of immune parameters such as phenotype, cytokine profile and distribution in blood and tissues from pre-clinical animal studies, or in vitro experiments
- Process and analyze ex vivo or in vitro samples through molecular biology and other analytical techniques
- Maintain and implement good laboratory practice including an accurate online laboratory notebook system, instrument and reagent validation, and personal safety precautions
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
- Organize and communicate data (written and oral) and participate in project team meetings
- Minimum of B.S./B.A. degree in Immunology, Molecular Biology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in the field of immunology, molecular biology, or related scientific field
- 2+ years of experience in preclinical small animal models.
- Proficiency with cell culture, including mammalian cell lines and primary immune cells
- Experience in techniques such as flow cytometry, ddPCR or Luminex/MSD-based assays is a plus
- Experience in data analysis software including FlowJo and GraphPad Prism is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to independently conduct studies while working efficiently as part of a team
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and acquire knowledge on the job
- Ability to multi-task, perform work with a high degree of attention to detail, and be part of an exciting fast-paced scientific environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, thorough record keeping skills (documentation and electronic lab notebook), excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in hearing more, reach out to us. We believe that each team member will impact and improve the lives of those we work with, and those we work for—our patients.
Capstan is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Capstan from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Capstan and do not obligate Capstan to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring managers or employees.