Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
About the Role
At Freenome, our goal is to improve patient outcomes by pioneering the next-generation of blood tests for early and accurate disease detection using our combined multi-omics and machine learning platform. As a Senior Manager in Molecular Development, you will lead a team of managers, development scientists and associates responsible for designing, planning, and conducting development studies and Analytical Verification Studies for clinical-grade assays to measure complex, blood-based analytes while working cross-functionally with the Regulatory, Quality , Clinical, and Engineering teams.
- Lead and oversee a technical team of managers, development scientists and associates to populate the product pipeline by developing, optimizing, verifying and validating multi-analyte diagnostics assays.
- Collaborate with the IVD team and clinical laboratory members to lead Analytical Verification study execution.
- Establish milestones and maintain timelines in working with other adjacent functions including Regulatory, Quality, Automation and Computational Science to execute on cross-functional projects.
- Partner with scientific leaders and executives at Freenome to develop a scientific roadmap and product development strategy.
- Develop an effective approach to managing Development employees, through motivation and mentoring.
Your background, perspective and experience:
- PhD (or equivalent industry experience) in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, chemistry, or a related field.
- 6+ years post-PhD experience in genomics or proteomics.
- 3+ years leading teams of development scientists in industry (preferably within molecular diagnostics building an LDT, CLIA or IVD product)
- Deep technical grasp of genomics (NGS assays for DNA and/or RNA, including extraction methods and library preparation workflows) Ability to forge and lead strong, interdisciplinary teams that perform exceptionally under tight timelines and demonstrate accountability
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
- Clear communications skills and ability to lead and work with cross-functional technical teams.
- Proficient knowledge of the biology of human cell-free nucleic acids, cancer biology.
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid