Our Analytical Chemistry Group is seeking a hard-working R&D Specialist. Our Analytical Chemistry group works in a state-of-the-art mass spectrometry lab and focuses on the biochemical characterization of therapeutic proteins at all stages of development. This includes developing LC-MS methods for protein primary structure analysis, disulfide linkage determination, carbohydrate profiling, protein variant structural determination, and post-translational modification characterization.
Furthermore, you will conduct analytical method qualification for late-stage drug development programs and develop innovative mass spectrometry technologies to support Regeneron's R&D programs.
A TYPICAL DAY IN THIS ROLE MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- Develop LC-MS based analytical methods to support the development of monoclonal antibody-based therapeutic proteins.
- Perform LC-MS data analysis using various software and bioinformatic tools to elucidate the quality attributes of therapeutic proteins.
- Execute sample preparation and LC-MS-based experiments based on SOPs
- Document LC-MS experiments, results and findings in electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) entries; present data at group and project meetings; write technical reports, SOPs, and regulatory filing reports, etc.
- Summarize results in a concise format (graphs, figures, tables, etc.) to support presentations, peer-reviewed publications, and regulatory documents, etc.
- Participate in general lab and instrument maintenance.
THIS JOB MAY BE FOR YOU IF:
- You have experience with liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and automated liquid handling system, etc.
- You have strong initiative and seek to complete results-oriented tasks and learn new technologies related to Analytical Chemistry and LC-MS.
- You are capable of multi-tasking and working independently as well as within a team culture.
- You thrive in a fast-paced setting where your priorities can quickly change based on the needs of the business and our patients
This role requires a degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related field and a minimum of a BS degree with 3+ years of experience OR a MS degree with 0+ years in protein mass spectrometry. Knowledge and hands-on experience in LC-MS based sample preparation for proteins and peptides are preferred. Experience in proteomics is preferred. Extensive experience with mass spectrometers (Q-TOF, Orbitrap, Q-Exactive, Triple Quadrupole, etc.), liquid chromatographs, and data processing software (Proteome Discoverer, Skyline, Protein Metrics, MaxQuant, etc.) is a plus.
Good written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are essential. The ability to learn new technologies and solve problems is essential. A passion for science and motivation to contribute in a team environment is necessary.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.