GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Sr Lab Ops Tech for the R&D Laboratory Operations Management team, who will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of GRAIL Research and Development activities and a bridge between the lab and R&D team for lab equipment as well as assist the Lab manager with the oversight and management of the lab and lab operations. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, dynamic team player with experience in both automated and manual molecular biology workflows combined with strong interest in NGS methodologies.
The candidate will have the opportunity to partner and support many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Supply Chain, Biosample Operations, and Clinical Lab - to ensure the successful completion of R&D projects and general Operational support.You will:
Your background should include:
- Assist in overseeing regular maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform inventory control aligned with 5S methodology.
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness in compliance with the Hygiene Plan.
- Draft and review operational documentation.
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials.
- Assist Lab Manager in overseeing preparation of general consumables and reagents for R&D laboratory operation.
- Assist Lab Manager in general and oversight of laboratory activities operations and activities.
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GLP, including results and methodology.
- B.S required in a relevant scientific field.3-5 years proven experience in basic molecular biology laboratory techniques and lab operations.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid handling (e.g., SPRI and PCR) and quantification techniques (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR).
- Familiarity with NGS protocols (preferred).
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment with a high level of self motivation
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine and “Up to Date” with any recommended booster. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered; "Up to Date" means having timely received any COVID-19 vaccine booster(s) in accordance with CDC guidelines. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.