GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
Are you a Sr Scientist interested in working on Multi-Cancer Early detection products?
Grail is seeking a Senior/Staff Scientist to develop reagents for use in Multi-Cancer Early Detection products. In this position, the person will work closely with the R&D team(s) to demonstrate feasibility, generate product specifications, develop robust manufacturing and QC processes, establish shelf life, and transfer processes to manufacturing. The Senior/Staff Scientist will develop reagent formulation processes and analytical quality control protocols, and will develop strategies for formulation optimization and reagent manufacturing development. They will provide technical expertise for new product introduction and will characterize reagents to meet product requirements. Candidates should have strong hands-on laboratory experience, including reagent formulations, analytical assay development and reagent manufacturing. You wil...
Your Background Will Include...
- Manage a small team of 2-3 junior scientists and engineers.
- Design and lead guardbanding and optimization of IVD reagent formulations.
- Design, develop, validate, and implement appropriate QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
- Design and lead stability testing and handling studies for IVD reagents.
- Work in a team and be collaborative during product transfer from design to production.
- Deliver robust production processes to support manufacturing of reagents and consumables.
- Develop, characterize and optimize a broad range of processes to deliver reagents into appropriate consumable configurations and ensure filling, finishing, and labeling activities are in control and meet downstream requirements.
- Lead manufacturing and QC validation processes and operator training.
- Plan, conduct, analyze and report recommendations based on tested experimental results.
- Ensure technical activities are in line with regulatory/requirements (CAP/CLIA/FDA).
- B.S. degree with 7+ years, or M.S. with 5+, or Ph.D. with 2+ of relevant industry experience in biotech, diagnostics or life science companies.
- Experience with technology transfer from R&D into manufacturing.
- Experience working with and characterizing reagents.
- Strong design transfer experience demonstrating delivery of robust reagent formulations and test methods.
- Hands-on experience with process and analytical QC development.
- Experience with DOE - design of experiment.
- Experience with statistical programming or software (e.g., R, JMP).
- Ability to take initiative and independently drive projects to completion with detailed and efficient execution and reporting.
- Experience with operated in a regulated environment under design controls a plus.
- Experience operating liquid handling robots and other laboratory automation tools is a plus.
- Experience with NGS assay protocols including library preparation, target enrichment and sequencing is a plus.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine and “Up to Date” with any recommended booster. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered; "Up to Date" means having timely received any COVID-19 vaccine booster(s) in accordance with CDC guidelines. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.