GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
This position is with the post-diagnosis group within GRAIL's Bioinformatics and Data Science organization. We are building a team to detect disease, monitor the dynamics of disease burden, and to characterize disease biology with a specific focus on patients after they have been diagnosed with cancer. We work closely with interdisciplinary scientists, clinicians, engineers, and external collaborators to build new diagnostic products to support pharmaceutical development and cancer patient care.You Will:
Your Background Includes:
- Execute end-to-end analyses that include data gathering, processing, analysis, iteration with stakeholders, and presentation of results.
- Contribute to cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams including data engineering, software engineering, clinical, laboratory operations, research, and product development.
- Create and communicate rigorous scientific analyses.
- Master's in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Cancer Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent preparation and experience.
- Expertise in R or Python is required, proficiency in Linux environment, version control tools, and reproducible research practices.
- Proven track record of strong contributions demonstrated by highly cited publications, impactful tools, products, or data sets used by the scientific community, presentations at international conferences, and awards.
- Preferred, 1+ years relevant experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Deep understanding of modern statistical and machine learning tools for analysis of genomics datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to apply these skills to uncover new biological insights from large genomics datasets.
- Self-direction, willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine and “Up to Date” with any recommended booster. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered; "Up to Date" means having timely received any COVID-19 vaccine booster(s) in accordance with CDC guidelines. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.