AbbVie US Commercial Organization is looking for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Consultant to implement and execute campaigns, projects, & operations within its Marketing Technology stack, with a primary focus on SFMC. This position is in the Patient & Consumer Marketing, Marketing Activation team and will play a critical role in AbbVie’s digital transformation journey to rapidly deliver high quality omni-channel experiences to consumers & patients across the whole US brand portfolio.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director, Patient & Consumer Marketing, Marketing Activation, and will work across multiple cross-functional partners including marketing operations, SFMC operations/squads/pods teams, technical Business Relationship Managers, SFMC & Solution Architects, and relevant marketing organizations.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional SFMC expertise across the entire suite of tools, innovative problem-solving abilities, incredible flexibility, and a keen drive to learn, achieve, and optimize. This role will support and lead many activities including but not limited to requirement gathering & grooming, solution & technical design, campaign & platform configuration and QA, technical documentation, and campaign & capability deployment.
- This role has two primary areas of focus:
- Facilitate campaign delivery which enables seamless, unified, and useful experiences to consumers & patients.
- Develop and optimize marketing technology platforms and landscape, with a main focus on SFMC.
- Lead and collaborate with key stakeholders to build, configure, launch, iterate, and improve existing or new campaigns or capabilities.
- Assist new & in-flight campaign and capability solution/technical design, documentation, and implementation.
- Lead and support audience creation and development with SFMC and other connected platforms.
- Debug and QA campaign and platform solutions; maintain and troubleshoot in-flight solutions.
- Support the creation and execution of test scripts and end to end testing.
- Provide rapid ad hoc campaign technology support for SFMC.
- Support and assist in business requirement capture, grooming, and overall project documentation.
- Assist and lead day-to-day platform governance, administration, and maintenance of the connected marketing activation platform.
- Collaboratively deliver SFMC data and reporting capabilities for key stakeholders.
- As it relates to SFMC and campaign deployment: support project management, scrum, and delivery teams and AbbVie SLC processes.
- Assist in the development and activation of marketing automation campaign metadata; standards / nomenclature / taxonomy, governance model and change management.
- Proactively recommend process improvements to optimize and grow the use of the platform.
- Support the delivery of marketing technology solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, CPG, or other complex and/or regulated industries.
- End-to-End understanding of CRM/Marketing campaign process management and deployments.
- Ability to seamlessly and effective communication and deliver to both technical and business stakeholders and environments.
- 5+ years of hands-on campaign deployment & platform optimizations in SFMC with deep knowledge across the entire suite, including:
- Email Studio, Content Builder, Mobile Studio, Journey Builder, Audience Builder, Ad Studio, and Automation Studio
- Intermediate understanding of AMPScript, SSJS, and SQL and its utilization in SFMC.
- Working knowledge of email development design, best practices, and delivery.
- Experience with SFMC integrations with Salesforce core and other relevant marketing and data platforms.
- Track record in driving campaign operational improvements.
- Strong business-centric/facing communication and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce product suite including Salesforce 1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Platform, and the App Exchange preferred.
- Understanding of data warehousing, integrations, and modeling preferred.
- SFMC Certified preferred.
- Knowledge of the systems development life cycle and other related IT methodologies preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge on interactive email development and AMP4Email preferred.