HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Manufacturing Systems Engineer (PCS systems) Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide support with daily IS automation system owner tasks. You will join a team passionate about delivering IS and Automation for Drug Substance facilities, continuously pursuing higher efficiencies in the manufacturing processes. This role might support non-standard shift, which might include after hours calls and/or extended shifts.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete Maximo system owner tasks, PCS Systems maintenance.
- Support day to day operations of assigned Process Control systems (PCS).
- Provided technical support to manufacturing operations as needed.
- Support the troubleshooting for equipment, automation or process issues in the field using Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control Systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Control Data Acquisition systems (SCADA).
- Complete ISM (integrated services Management) system owner tasks (Ex, Security reviews, Data Integrity Assessment, Periodic Review, Etc.).
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective performance and reliability for process and GMP utilities systems.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and support staff, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Generate and implement test plan protocols.
What we expect of you
We are all different! Yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Manufacturing Systems Engineer professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
Masters degree in Engineering
Bachelors degree in Engineering and 2 years of technical support experience
- Experience in Rockwell Process Control/ Automation systems
- Knowledge in Network/infrastructure & Client server fundamentals
- knowledge in Software development life cycle and software quality methodologies.
- Computer Systems and Security fundamentals.
- Regulatory knowledge and interactions
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis techniques (Fishbone, 5 Whys, Kepner Tregoe)
- Proficient communication skills in English and Spanish
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.