Research Scientist - Formulation & Process Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionResearch Scientist - Formulation & Process Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Formulation & Process Development group at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific experience with lab work related to small molecules.Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate will be expected to lead Formulation and Process Development activities for preclinical and clinical projects and work in highly collaborative cross-functional teams
- The candidate will collaborate with the Discovery Research group to support identification of new molecular entities (NME); responsibilities include basic solution characterization, development of formulations to support preclinical pharmacokinetic and toxicology studies, designing studies to understand biopharmaceutical performance of NMEs.
- The candidate will be responsible for conducting solution and solid-state pre-formulation studies for development candidates.
- The candidate will collaborate with the Process Chemistry team to identify the final form for the compounds in development.
- The candidate will be responsible for the formulation, process development and manufacturing of drug products. Examples of dosage forms include solid oral dosage forms (tablets and capsules), parenteral products, inhalation etc.
- The candidate will collaborate with external manufacturing sites to create/review batch records and oversee development and GMP manufacturing
- The applicant should have excellent writing and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. The applicant should be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to team members across cross-functional roles/departments.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant literature, enjoy scientific investigation and thinking, proactively identify issues, and develop solutions.
- PhD in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related scientific discipline with 0 to 3 years of industry experience
- MS Degree in a related scientific discipline with 9+ years of industry experience
- BS Degree in related scientific discipline with 11+ years of industry experience.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.