Manufacturing Engineer III
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Job Description
Knowledge and Skills:
- Works on the design, modifications, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment,
- Manufacturing and processes.
- Works on engineering planning, financial justification, start-up activities, scale-up processes, implementation, process improvements, and validation.
- Performs evaluation studies and trouble shooting on manufacturing equipment and
- Generates and reviews required engineering and manufacturing documentation.
- Provides accurate budget estimates for capital equipment and projects.
- Independently resolves manufacturing engineering issues of complex scope.
- Independently manages assigned projects through completion.
- Participates on cross-functional project teams.
- May coordinate contract personnel through completion of assignments; may provide guidance to other manufacturing process engineers.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw materials, packaging materials, parts, services, and supplies necessary for the operation of a pharmaceutical organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine the feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Compiles information from periodicals, catalogs, and other sources to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Confers with vendors and analyzes vendors' operations to determined factors that affect
- prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up order placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary
- Utilizes as necessary, established precedents and policies
- Demonstrates working understanding and application of Engineering principles, concepts, practices, and standards, along with full working knowledge of industry practices.
- Demonstrates working knowledge in aseptic processes, process controls, and equipment design.
- Is able to develop solutions to semi-complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of UBC, UFC, NEC codes
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a BS in engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- Previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry desirable.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.