What You Will Achieve
At Pfizer we deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. The Integrated Biotechnologies team plays a vital role in this mission through enabling the discovery and molecular understanding of large-molecule therapeutics. In La Jolla, we are dedicated towards redirecting the immune system against cancer through the application of engineered antibodies and cytokines. We are seeking inquisitive colleagues with expertise in cell biology, drug discovery, and high throughput screening (HTS).
As a Scientist, your research will uncover Pfizer’s next oncology therapeutics. Relevant activities include, but are not limited to design and development of cell-based assays, liquid handling and automation, and cell signaling mechanism-of-action studies.
The successful candidate will work closely with individuals in protein design and oncology groups to innovate and develop the next-generation of immunotherapies.How You Will Achieve It
- To enable therapeutic antibody discovery through in vitro cell-based assays.
- To operate liquid handling and automation.
- To analyze, organize, and present results in small and large group meetings.
- To read relevant scientific literature to aid in experimental design.
- Communicate experimental findings accurately in both oral and written formats.
- To contribute to a dynamic, exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation.
- B.S. degree with 6+ years’ experience, or M.S. degree with 4+ years' experience, in the fields of biology, biochemistry, or similar fields.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with cell-based assays such as assessment of transcriptional (qPCR, luciferase reporters), protein interactions (NanoBRET, complementation), cell viability, HTRF/ELISA, cell binding (FACS, imaging), and cytokine release (MSD, Luminex).
- Expertise in plasmid design, cloning, lentivirus, and generation of stable cell lines
- Proficiency with SnapGene, Vector NTI, or similar molecular biology software
- Ability to independently design, plan, execute, and interpret experiments.
- Experience using flow cytometers
- Basic knowledge and understanding of immunology
- Familiarity with drug discovery, automation, and HTS.
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it’s needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development