Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you’ll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of organic, inorganic compounds, or biologics. This will help you determine chemical and physical properties during chemical syntheses, fermentation or drug product development process by verifying their identity, purity, and homogeneity.
Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your focus and commitment that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Appropriatelygenerate,record, archive, and report all data
- Demonstrateexcellentoral and written communication skills with ability topresentresults through written reports,publications,and related documentation
- Summarize,criticallyevaluate the study results,developand test new hypotheses,execute experiments,and author technical reports
- Applying analytical methods in the assessment of product quality, detection of impurities, andcharacterization
- Providing analytical testing for clinical manufacturing process control
Responsible for developing, troubleshooting, qualifying, and utilizing analytical methodologies to support process development, formulation and stability, and control strategies of biotherapeutics and vaccines
- BS degree in a biological or engineering discipline (Biology,Biotechnology,Chemistry/Biochemistry,Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Pharmacy, or equivalent).
- 0-3 years laboratory experience in a relevant field
- Strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles,and concepts
- Laboratory experience in a variety of analytical molecular biological and biochemical techniques, such as HPLC, MS, qPCR, ELISA, cell culture, gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn new software
- Demonstrated scientific documentation skills
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development