The Inside Sales Rep II is a revenue generating position with responsibility for quarterly sales quota attainment for the Facial and SkinMedica Aesthetics portfolio of products and for managing and enhancing portfolio growth through business development activities using primarily phone communication.
The ISR II represents the Allergan Aesthetics product portfolio to targeted aesthetic customers within a designated geographical area. Responsible for product and program education, product adoption, and portfolio growth through business development activities.
The ISR II provides technical product and procedure training, as well as competitive product differentiation. Assigned sales goals are obtained through strategic analysis of account data, strong knowledge of accounts aesthetic goals, understanding of market dynamics, application of consultative selling and implementation of the U.S. Sales/Marketing plan. The company offers flexible career paths with a strong emphasis on opportunity for internal mobility.
Allergan Inside Sales Rep IIs must:
Leverage Allergan Medical resources to enhance adoption of the Allergan Medical Aesthetics Portfolio. Synergistically work and coordinate activities with other Allergan sales personnel and support teams (include, but are not limited to, Facial Aesthetics, CoolSculpting®, SkinMedica®, and Marketing). Complies with required reports, requests, and compliance policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently achieves sales quota across portfolio. Proficient in sales execution component of marketing plans. Independently creates call and business development plans across the product portfolio. Demonstrates adaptability and creativity with multiple initiatives.
- Sales processes must be focused toward business growth and relationship building.
- Manages attainment of assigned sales quota and customer satisfaction through consistent communication with the Regional Manager and Inside Sales Area Manager, managing own sample allocation, placing orders, providing marketing materials, and assisting accounts with marketing strategies. Also leads execution on all campaigns/promotions, new product launches, training of accounts on Allergan programs and other sales related initiatives.
- Develop product knowledge and utilize to best serve customer’s current business needs, as well as to prospect new products, program, and training opportunities with current accounts and to identify and qualify new business. Educate the customer regarding indications, contraindications, and safety of the products, and how they fulfill the needs of the customer. Obtain information needed to accurately understand problems and use this information to determine solutions and formulate new and innovative ideas proactively solve customer problems in a manner that exceeds customer expectations.
- Identifying growth opportunities to include: expanding reach with customer base, expanding product portfolio utilization with existing accounts, and launching new products and new product indications.
- Educating and supporting the customer with marketing strategies including but not limited to website and social media development, internal office branding, patient segmentation, and external marketing strategies.
- Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer engagement.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
- Collaboration with Regional Manager, respective field reps and Inside Sales Area Manager - Work cross- functionally with field sales in order to drive sales objectives, cultivate relationships, and collaborate on growth opportunities.
- Leave of absence and vacant territory coverage includes collaboration with the respective Sales Representative, Region Manager, and Inside Sales Area Manager to develop and negotiate a coverage plan. This can include consistent communication- managing own sample allocation, placing orders, providing marketing materials, and assisting accounts with marketing and business development strategies. Also includes execution on all campaigns/promotions, new product launches and other sales related initiatives.
- Attend sales training and sales meetings as required.
- Complete administrative responsibilities such as: on a timely basis, to include presentations, expense reports, etc.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the Company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism at all times.
The requirements described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- Two or more years of relevant sales/marketing experience is required.
- A track record of earning strong commissions, the ability to work independently, be highly organized and exhibit superior communication skills required.
- Ability to travel by air and/or car up to 15-20% of the time.
- Experience in the healthcare industry involving interaction with physicians, patients, etc.
- Experience in educating or influencing targeted customers.
- Two years of working in Inside Sales preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Knowledge of Inside Sales selling skills and business environment.
- Skill in managing time effectively.
- Ability to work independently and plan extensively to meet goals.
- Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency, and quality in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Motivated by individual and team achievement.
- Strong Analytical and business acumen skills.
- Proven selling skills.
- Positive role model.
- Team Player.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with many diverse customers.
- Presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences.
- Ability to execute key strategies.
- Ability to develop relationships remotely via telephone interaction.
- Proficiency with sales force automation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other software skills.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
Significant Work Activities:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)