HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work within the Purification organization at Amgen Rhode Island (ARI), a large-scale mammalian cell biotech manufacturing plant that produces multiple commercial and clinical products. This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with multiple functions on a routine basis in a dynamic environment (Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Engineering, Facilities, Maintenance, Process Development, Process Engineering, Regulatory Compliance, etc.) while developing a deep understanding of the manufacturing operations and planning activities within the facility and site.
With minimal direction, the manager is responsible for leading on the floor operations and staff in manufacturing. This individual will be responsible for supervising, coaching, hiring, and development of floor staff. The front-line manager will assist in defining area objectives, identifying improvement opportunities, and leading change efforts. The manager will need to effectively direct their team and deliver on short and long term Amgen Operational goals as well as manage the operations for the shift.
Scope of Responsibility
- Demonstrate technical mastery of purification processes
- Ensure safe working environment.
- Ensure cGMP and CFR compliance of operating areas.
- Resolve problems during operation. Elevate critical and impactful events to Sr. management and make real time processing decisions.
- Participate as a role model in Lean culture and continuous improvement programs with responsibility to translate onto the manufacturing floor.
- Develop, implement and assess solutions for complex problems.
- Ensure scheduling of production and maintenance activities. Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. QA/QC, F&E, PD, Regulatory, etc.) in completing production activities and ensuring schedule adherence.
- Interact with business partners and internal/external audit teams including regulatory agencies as directed
- Ensure effective decision-making and clear and timely communication
Leading Strategy Development and Execution
- Assists in developing and implementing departmental strategy and plans that are aligned with the broader organizational strategy
- Anticipates risk and builds contingencies to help mitigate impact
- Deliver strong business results
Building a Strong Organizational Alignment
- Responsible for selection training, evaluation, staff relations and development of staff.
- Interacts with management in optimizing organizational structure and responsibilities.
- Ensures the right people and resources are in place and optimally allocated to achieve results
- Creates an environment that fosters accountability, innovation, continuous improvement, learning and knowledge-sharing
- Builds and develops a diverse, high performing team
- Works across functions to build organization and individual capabilities
- Develops strong relationships with staff members, provides open and clear feedback to improve individual and team performance
12 hour rotating day shift (0700-1900)Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience AND Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences or Engineering
- Knowledge and experience within a cGMP or other highly regulated environment including a basic understanding of technical elements across engineering, biological or chemical processing
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills (coaching, mentoring, counseling)
- Experience with staff capability and team performance improvements
- Experience with performance management including performance reviews
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Project Management skills
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements
- Ability to be flexible and manage change
- Excellent verbal and written communication (technical) skills
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft, EBR/MES, Delta V, Electronic quality systems.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.