About Capstan Therapeutics
Capstan Therapeutics is developing a targeted delivery platform and therapeutics to reprogram immune cells in vivo in a scalable and controlled format, for a broad range of disease categories. The core technology originating from University of Pennsylvania comprises Targeted Lipid Nanoparticles (tLNPs) to enable off-the-shelf immunotherapies, with tight control of dosage and of activity of engineered cells. The objective is to advance transformative first-in-class and best-in-class products for oncology, fibrosis and inflammation-related diseases and blood monogenic disorders. Our dynamic start-up is founded by pioneers in the field of immunotherapy, regenerative medicine and drug delivery including experienced industry leaders and academic faculty members from U Penn.
In summary, Capstan Therapeutics aspires to become the leader of a new revolution in medicine, opening the avenue of in vivo reprogramming of the immune system and bringing this treatment modality to a broad range of medical needs. With locations in Philadelphia and San Diego, we are looking for talented individuals to join us.
We are searching for a contract Facilities Specialist who is eager to learn and grow as a member of our team. The role will assist in routine day-to-day operation activities including shipping, receiving, and laboratory and office upkeep.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with internal scientific teams to support all day-to-day laboratory operations (i.e., shipping/receiving, glassware washing, biowaste, ordering/stocking of lab consumables)
- Support shipping & receiving activities and associated services
- Coordinate and track domestic and international shipment transactions. Report any issues with shipments and support their resolution.
- Maintain shipping supplies
- Assist with inventory management for lab operations (i.e., equipment inventory, chemical inventory)
- Maintain general lab organization
- Perform routine lab equipment preventative maintenance (defrosting freezers, small repairs)
- Coordinate with service providers to ensure that services are completed within the due date and arrange activity with lab personnel to minimize impact on workflow
- Participate in the development of lab support operation practices and drafting of SOPs and WIs
- Assist with biological and hazardous waste stream management
- Outstanding communications, analytical, and organizational skills
- Possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work with moderate supervision
- Experience with domestic and international shipping rules and regulations is a plus
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds and be able to stand for multiple hours at a time
- 2+ years of job experience in facilities and/or lab support
If you are interested in hearing more, reach out to us. We believe that each team member will impact and improve the lives of those we work with, and those we work for—our patients.
Capstan is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Capstan from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Capstan and do not obligate Capstan to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring managers or employees.