At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant". That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world. Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative and supportive - which provides endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. We else can we offer you? Glad you asked! Daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, a 401k program with generous matching, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and professional development.
Do you have BSL3 experience?
Do you want to support scientific discovery and create confidence in science?
Apply your skills at Microbiologics and have an impact.
Microbiologics develops biomaterials and provides critical testing services that support biological discoveries. We are extending our research and manufacturing capabilities at our St. Cloud corporate headquarters. Our newly commissioned BSL-3 facility allows us to extend our production and increased scale inactivated viruses for nucleic acid amplification and antigen testing and extends our assay services to support vaccines and novel therapies. We are seeking a scientist with experience propagating BSL-3 microorganisms and applying advance molecular biology skills to develop recombinant viral systems and mammalian cell hosts to be used as research reagents and tools by our customers/partners.
We are currently looking to add a Molecular Virology Scientist to our Team. Duties include:
- Culturing of cell lines including primary and continuous cell lines
- Virus propagation and purification in BSL-2 and BSL-3 laboratory settings of taxonomically diverse viruses.
- Development of new virus system pipelines including HIV and vector-borne viruses.
- Design and perform cell-based virus titration assays including virus titration by TCID50, viral plaque assays, and focus forming units.
- Perform antiviral compound assays including IC50, neutralization, plaque reduction neutralization assays and hemagglutination inhibition assays.
- Impact recombinant virus and mammalian cell host design and engineering.
- Improvement of mid-scale viral production at BSL-2 and BSL-3 level.
- Identifying, evaluating, and validating new technologies for measuring virus and viral components with accurate and precise concentrations.
- Document research using GLP standards to support new product design controls including validations, verifications, scale up and tech transfer to manufacturing, as well as technical and customer support departments. Utilize statistical analysis.
- Prepare reports with assay and production data. Present data to wide audience.
- Serve as subject matter expert in multiple technical disciplines including virology, molecular biology, genomics, and/ diagnostics.
- Work Collaboratively with other functional units including Technology Transfer, Production and QC, and Sales and Marketing to uncover new technologies and commercial opportunities and advance new products seamlessly.
- Understand and support Microbiologics’ focus on customer-oriented satisfaction.
- Assist with R&D projects during periods of high demand.
What makes you a good fit?
- MS. or Ph.D. in relevant field Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, or Biochemistry.
- Background in microbiology and demonstrated record for innovative research in human viruses.
- Minimum experience translating expertise into practical solutions to customer needs and working in GMP virology or cell culture lab required.
- Experience with laboratory culture and cultural and genetic manipulation of taxonomically diverse viruses.
- Experience with viral quantification and antiviral assays; high throughput is preferred
- Experience with cloning and expression of viral proteins.
- Skilled with molecular analysis for detection and quantitation of target organisms (e.g., design of multiplex assays, digital PCR)
- Experience in managing virology responsibilities in a collaborative environment to achieve short- and long-term project goals, problem solve, and mentor other employees