Mammoth is hiring a Scientist I to contribute to R&D projects run within the Platform team. The Platform team develops next-generation CRISPR tools for therapeutic genome editing applications and is composed of technical staff with diverse strengths in bioinformatics, biochemistry, protein engineering and high-throughput screening. The successful candidate will work on CRISPR tool development projects during their early (proof-of-concept) and/or late (optimization) phases. This is a fantastic opportunity to impact human health by making CRISPR tools that cure genetic disease.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, design and execute experiments for CRISPR tool development projects
- Design and produce DNA and cell-based reagents for genome editing experiments
- Contribute creatively to seed innovation projects and shape execution tactics
- Document experiments in electronic laboratory notebooks
- Present experimental results at internal meetings
- Disclose inventions to the IP team for patenting
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomolecular Engineering or a related discipline. For non-PhD candidates with a Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 5 additional years of professional experience is required
- Hands-on experience in three of the following areas: (i) bioinformatic approaches for novel protein discovery, (ii) automated methods for high throughput molecular biology workflows, (iii) biochemical assay of nucleic acid-modifying enzymes, (iv) directed evolution approaches for protein engineering, (v) plasmid design for bacterial and mammalian expression of recombinant proteins and RNAs, (vi) next-generation sequencing (NGS) assay design and library preparation
- 2 years experience developing CRISPR tools for genome editing applications
- Computer and scripting skills (Benchling, Geneious, JMP, SQL, R, Python)
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics, mental health and education benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo
and ex vivo
therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Our small-size proteins, such as Cas14 and CasPhi, are poised to transform disease treatment enabling novel editing approaches and delivery options that are difficult to achieve or not even possible with previously described CRISPR-Cas systems. Our teams are responsible for discovering and engineering novel CRISPR systems, establishing CRISPR-based diagnostics, and translating our unique CRISPR technology into therapeutic treatments with the ultimate goal of cures for indications with high medical need.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.