We are seeking an IT Operations Engineer with 3+ years’ experience installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, and networks. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, highly qualified to provide creative solutions and has the ability to thrive in a fast and highly productive environment.
This position will be based at the Menlo Park Office and report directly to the Lead of (US) IT Operations to provide support to all Zai Lab (US) Offices. The IT Operations Engineer position will be managing the daily IT Operations, Infrastructure, and collaborating with our team in Asia.
• Answer help desk phone and monitor ticket queues to provide timely response to customers. Manage individual ticket assignments and document resolutions.
• Handle escalations from team and determine root cause analysis of deep level issues.
• Create and manage Active Directory user accounts and access control based on company policies.
• Provide IT support to multiple offices onsite and remote.
• Provide Customer Support to internal staff
• Manage and evolve our internal IT support function (user management, laptop provisioning, desk moves, office networking, etc.)
• Support and manage the organization’s IT asset Inventory (Windows and Linux)
• Manage and evolve the organizations Onboarding processes.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external staff and clients.
• Support IT projects – building servers, designing FAQS, documentation, build out network lab computers
• Use, teach, and troubleshoot standard supported software, including Windows 7-10 Pro operating systems, Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, O365, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and Publisher), Adobe, etc.
• Move equipment and furniture and manage A/V set up for meetings and conferences
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
• Minimum 3 to 5+ years of IT experience supporting enterprise environments.
• Minimum 3+ years progressive experience installing and supporting all of the following: Windows Operating Systems, Windows Servers, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, PC deployment, Antivirus management, Remote Support, Networking, VPN, TCP/IP troubleshooting, and MDM.
• Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
• Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Azure, AWS, VMware, VOIP, Zoom, Teams, and Jira.
• Experience in a Biotech environment with an understanding of lab operations preferred.
• Experience working in Cloud- or SaaS-based environments
• Must be flexible with business operation hours, such as working with multiple time zones and after-hours support.
• Outstanding customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Analytical thought process. Technical documentation.
• Ability to take on deep level tasks/issues and test/troubleshoot until root cause has been determined.
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical end users
• Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a quickly evolving environment
• Organization, proactiveness, and the ability to work independently in a quickly growing environment.
• Hands-on experience manages A/V setup for meetings and conferences.
• Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Zai Lab US requires all employees who are working onsite or who are in customer facing positions to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to any legally required exemptions)
Disclaimer: This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirement for the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.