Territory covers NW Indiana and South Chicago
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Cardiovascular Key Account Manager Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will assess and diagnose the current business environment in each of their assigned accounts in relation to Amgen Cardiovascular products and plan/complete actions for success in these accounts. The Cardiovascular Account Manager will work internally through the matrix team, and externally with customers to develop strong relationships for Amgen to support portfolio performance and brand strategies at multiple touch points and levels within complex partner organizations. Ideally, the candidate resides in the geography and has established relationships with the key accounts/ customers in addition to experience promoting cardiovascular products to the target accounts.Role Responsibilities:
- Key account strategic lead; Develops and implements innovative strategies to reach difficult to access health care providers and accounts in a compliant manner
- Maintains comprehensive account profile / needs assessment / strategic plan
- Responsible for routinely meeting with appropriate opinion leaders in Cardiology, Lipidology, Pharmacy, P&T Committee, etc., that act as partners or decision-makers within the Health System Manager assigned accounts
- Presents MAC approved data and CV product messaging for approved CV products and delivers clinical messages compliantly within all governing policies
- Accountable for ensuring formulary adoption in targeted / assigned hospital accounts to help drive appropriate utilization of approved CV products; works with other sales colleagues to manage and coordinate pull-through and access
- Monitors Amgen business performance across Cardiovascular portfolio
- Identifies drivers/barriers and coordinates pull-through initiatives across field teams (Sales Representatives, District Sales Managers, Regional Sales Directors, Reimbursement/Access Specialists, Nurse Educators, Regional Marketing Managers, and the Value Based Partnership Team)
- Coordinates Amgen home office engagement with customers; Works collectively with matrix and alliance team members to arrange approved promotional programs, displays and hospital initiatives that will effectively and compliantly promote assigned products
- Builds and develops professional relationships with key customer decision-makers, to include (but not limited to), Hospital Pharmacy, Lipid Clinical, Heart Failure Clinical and Quality Directors (inpatient and outpatient), hospital finance decision makers within assigned accounts
- Partners closely with Organized Customer Team Regional Account Executives and Regional Medical Liaisons in shared accounts
- Coordinates with Reimbursement Access Value team to support open access to Amgen portfolio
- Provides practical field intelligence and recommendations to Amgen home office, including CV brand teams
- Provides field insight/recommendations to Pricing/Brand/GPO teams
- Leads contract delivery, business reviews and performance tracking
- Organizes competitive response
- Shapes the environment
- Carries out value/FDAMA 114 tools where appropriate
- Supports value of innovation
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The sales professional we seek is an account manager with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree & 2 years of sales experience;
Masters degree & 4 years of sales experience;
Bachelors degree or & 6 years of sales experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years of account management and/or public payor experience strongly preferred
- Resides in the geography and has established relationships with the key accounts/customers
- Experience promoting cardiovascular products to the target accounts
- Advanced degree (e.g. MPH, MBA, PharmD, etc.) 7+ years of healthcare sales and/or marketing experience or related experience in buying processes and decision making
- Clinic, hospital, dyslipidemia, heart failure, access environment, applicable competitors, and industry experience preferred
- Cardiology experience, including dyslipidemia, heart failure and acute coronary syndromes, highly preferred
- A solid understanding of the current environment and trends in community cardiology practices.
- Understanding of the internal and external dynamics in both dyslipidemia and heart failure (e.g.: inpatient to outpatient management and protocols, readmission programs, Electronic Management systems, performance vs quality metrics, CHF/interventional performance priorities)
- District Management Experience preferred
- Reimbursement / managed care experience highly desirable
- Experience in public payor / agency activities, including understanding of the Local Coverage Determination Processes (LCD) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process for all assigned accounts and communicates with matrixed team on impact to our approved CV products and the competition
- Functional knowledge of Medicare and Government agencies, as well as a skill set that matches needs to strategic account management in state or federal sector
- Knowledge of payor systems, billing, coding and reimbursement processes
- Knowledge of CMS policies and processes
- Documented ability to work with sales force to resolve payor related issues
- Demonstrates leadership ability with a focus on influence, impact and leading without authority.
- Ability to understand and identify key staff and departments that influence decision-making for biopharmaceutical product utilization within each key account, then maintain and grow relationships with these key decision makers within the accounts
- Ability to identify and procure appropriate Amgen resources to achieve account objectives.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw insights from clinic economics/financial performance.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw insights from varying data sources
- Ability to successfully navigate through clinic reimbursement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which include networking, influencing, negotiation, presentation and written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple competing priorities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative, impart energy and enthusiasm, and work in teams
- Ability to work independently.
- Broad range of computer skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.