Manufacturing Systems EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you as the Manufacturing Systems Engineer collaborate with thee Sr. Manager of the Digital Technology and Innovation (DTI). The position is responsible for providing DTI Business and Automation platform application support at the Amgen Rhode Island site.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Systems Engineer to join the ARI Operations Digital Technology and Innovation team. The incumbent will be responsible for all activities related to handling and supporting Business and Automation platforms including system administration, as well as incorporating new technologies under the challenge of a sophisticated and constantly evolving technology landscape. The successful candidate for this position will be located at our West Greenwich manufacturing site in Rhode Island.
Key activities for this role include:
- System administration and maintenance of Business and Automation platform applications including PI, MES, DeltaV, Rockwell, Siemens, and other utilities controls platforms.
- Collaborate with business partners and other software engineers to develop and deploy the latest, advanced technologies in support of product manufacturing optimization
- Lead and/or support the execution of a varied portfolio of DTI projects with appropriate portfolio planning, resource and risk management and financial management for the portfolio.
- Work closely with the delivery and platform teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with standard city planning approved architectural and development guidelines
- Support selected efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) automated solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand how automation can improve workflow and efficiency
- Work closely with other business and DTI Manufacturing System Engineers to find opportunities to stop inefficient practices, simplify business processes, and codify into automated solutions and platforms.
- Experience in a GMP environment is required.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Manufacturing Systems Engineer we seek is a professional with these qualifications.
Masters degree in Engineering or Information Systems
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Information Systems and 3 years of IS Platform experience
Associate degree in Engineering or Information Systems and 5 years of IS Platform experience
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field
- Industry experience with utilities/manufacturing software development or management
- Experience with Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (OSISoft PI RtReports, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Knowledge with several Industry 4.0 technologies is a plus including, but not limited to Process Modeling and Simulation, Data Driven Process Control, Internet of Things, Automated Warehouse solutions, and Automated Guided Vehicles. Some specific technologies and capabilities include:
- Methods and technologies to support Manufacturing Data integrations (e.g. SQL, Web Services/messaging, data mapping)
- Korber PAS|X, OSISoft PI, VeevaVault, iWAREHOUSE, VirTECS, Autodesk BIM 360
- Hands-on experience with computerized systems including troubleshooting, reliability, and performance improvements
- Experience with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Experience or solid understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), 21CFR Part 11 regulations, change control, validation.
- Experience with Process Design/Configuration and Commissioning
- Experience with validation and change control methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with minimal direction.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.