HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
CfDA Operations Project ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. In this vital role you will have an important part in ensuring that Center for Design and Analysis (CfDA) remains passionate about performing projects that support the broader Amgen strategy. This role helps drive organizational efficiency and maintain compliance on many key processes.
- Support and execute project management initiatives within the CfDA, as well as cross functionally (e.g. Next Generation of Trial Execution (NGTE))
- Work closely with the SP&O team to identify departmental/cross-functional process improvement activities. Promote lessons learned/knowledge sharing.
- Manage the development and implementation of complex cross-functional business processes, process improvements and associated enabling initiatives
- Drive complex projects and programs that deliver measurable gain in cost, quality and speed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lead efforts to improve and support CfDA capabilities and effectiveness
- Develop needed plans involving communication plans, stakeholder analysis, implementation plans and project schedules
- Schedule and facilitate team meetings (including setting agendas, writing meeting minutes and tracking action items to ensure completion)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with development leaders to understand business objectives and priorities
- Identify process gaps root cause and generate creative solutions
- Communicate status and issues effectively to appropriate parties
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients! The project management professional we seek is a strategic person with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 2 years of project management experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of project management experience Or
- Associates degree & 10 years of Project Management experience OR
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Project Management experience
- Requires understanding of project management methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Four (4) years work experience in life sciences or medically-related field
- Three (3) years experience in a drug development Project Management role
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams and ability to work within in a sophisticated, multi-functional matrix environment.
- Project management/project planning experience on global projects
- Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills and can effectively present ideas and detail complex medical/clinical concepts and processes in both written & verbal communication
- Ability to anticipate & resolve problems while using good judgment & a balanced, realistic understanding of issues
- Coordination of advanced analytic, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, or software engineering projects
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.