HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Software EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role, The Sr Associate Software Engineer will build and sustain groundbreaking data and analytics applications with modern technology stacks that will be used by our Manufacturing and broader Ops partners for to further enhance efficiency and enable faster data driven decision making . This individual will be responsible for Collaborating with DTI business analysts, architects, Information security engineers to design, develop and deploy technology solutions and act as lead developer for developing solutions demonstrating AWS, Dash, Tableau and other relevant platforms . This individual would also ensure the quality of the deliverables by technical teams and implementation partners adhere to Amgen IS best practices.
- Rapidly create new data workflows to enable innovation and automate reporting for data integrity initiatives
- Develop software components as part of technical workstreams in support of Manufacturing/ Ops / Quality business objectives
- Design, develop and deliver high-quality, scalable, and robust software products & components in collaboration with product management, stakeholders & engineering teams
- Ensure effective design, development, and management of software products to comply with security & quality standards of Amgen
- Plan, prioritize, and manage feature backlog and product roadmap
- Create and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value aligned with product strategy
- Plan product releases and set expectations with stakeholders for delivery of new functionality
- Play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint goals
- Ensure solution alignment with Amgen IS strategy, standards, and operating procedures
- Facilitates complex design and technical discussions, balancing differing opinions and influencing decisions including Agile ceremonies
- Identify and evaluate technology/business trends and contending products to improve the products ability to deliver business outcomes
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 6 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experienceWin
What we expect of you
We seek is a self-starter with these qualifications:
- Solid foundation in software design and engineering practices
- Experience with one or more agile software development methodologies
- Strong proficiency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Relational databases such as Oracle or Postgres
- AWS services related to compute and storage, such as EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS or Batch
- CI/CD pipelines, such as GitLab CI/CD or Jenkins
- High learning agility, innovation, and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence business partners and other IS resources to drive projects end-to-end
- Experience working as a Scrum master OR working in Product teams
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile process, tools, and principles
- Familiarity with GxP computer system validation
- Familiar with Amgen City Planning platforms, such as UiPath, Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, MuleSoft, Databricks, etc
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.