Baebies is a medical device company that develops and commercializes newborn screening and near-patient testing products for children and adults to enable early disease detection and comprehensive diagnosis. Guided by the vision that “everyone deserves a healthy start," their mission is to save lives and make lives better for all by bringing new technologies, new tests, and new hope to children, parents, adult patients, and healthcare professionals worldwide.
The Firmware Engineer will work in the Product Development Engineering Group designing and supporting the development of analytic instrumentation in a multifunctional team environment. This position requires an adaptable individual that will be responsible for firmware design and maintenance in a regulated environment.
Firmware Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement algorithms for biomedical instrumentation
- Create design specifications
- Digital designs incorporating microprocessors and CPLD/FPGA
- Design and maintain analog, digital and mixed signal sub-systems incorporating ADC, DAC, Motor Control, PID etc. via standard interface protocols
- Firmware design and implementation
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of DSP algorithms
- Prototype fabrication, board bring-up and test
- Create, validate and execute engineering verification test plans
- Document designs, implement tests
- Regularly report progress, design concepts and lead design reviews
- Occasional travel for project support and training
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong analytical, planning, and time management skills
- Familiarity with embedded software tools (particularly C, VHDL), design patterns, and scripting/testing tools (Python)
- Independent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting and data analysis.
- Experience with version control software (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; strong computer skills
- Experience implementing DSP algorithms and associated mathematical models.
- Must communicate well and work as a member of an interdisciplinary team of biochemists, scientists, and engineers
- Some travel may be required (domestic and international).
- Must maintain valid travel documents, including a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work in a bio-safety level 2 environment (including training and immunization or immunization waiver) is required.
Education and Experience
- BS or MS, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years in a product development environment, preferably in development of laboratory or medical device products
- Embedded Firmware design using C/C++
- Debug skills using standard electronics lab equipment
- FPGA/CPLD design experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits
Baebies offers a dynamic and welcoming work environment surrounded by intelligent, driven, and creative people. Guided by the vision that “everyone deserves a healthy start”, our team is devoted to our customers and to advancing technology in early disease detection and comprehensive diagnosis. At Baebies, we look for people who are innovative, dedicated to our mission, and constantly striving to improve the status quo.
In addition to competitive, market-driven compensation, Baebies provides a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
· 100% employee premiums for Medical & Vision coverage
· 100% employee and family premiums for Dental coverage
· 401K Matching
· Stock Options
· 4 Weeks PTO
· 14 Paid Holidays per year
· Paid Employee Life Insurance
· Onsite free gym membership & classes
· . . . Much more!
Baebies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.