Do you want to join a team where the mission is meaningful, the challenges are complex, and you can directly see the results of your hard work? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
The Associate Category Manager, Procurement will lead and support strategic Procurement processes, actions and systems by utilizing sourcing and project management best practices. The Associate Category Manager, Procurement is overall responsible for the execution of sourcing, contracting, and category management activities, leading to demonstrable value creation, risk mitigation, and stakeholder satisfaction. This role will focus on supporting the Marketing/Sales Services and Meeting & Events functions.
- Utilizes defined Category Management processes and proactively applies Sourcing strategies for certain spend categories, primarily within corporate services spend.
- Takes strategic Direction from Category Lead(s).
- Manages sub-categories specific to the region.
- Acts as business partner to local/regional Line of Business (LOB) and provides Sourcing insights, recommendations and guidance.
- Defines and executes regional sub-category strategies and executes global category strategy in close alignment with the Category Lead(s).
- Constructively challenges LOB in order to identify new value and process optimization opportunities.
- Identifies and drives multiple sourcing projects simultaneously.
- Carries end-to-end responsibility for the (e-)RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFI) processes in coordination with LOB.
- Participates in category planning and stakeholder management to identify current and upcoming Sourcing needs and compare to specific market conditions.
- Participates on cross-functional teams as part of continuous improvement as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ work experience in Procurement/Sourcing or a role working with suppliers/vendors through aspects of vendor life cycle management such as contracts, process, performance, negotiations, and renegotiations
- Familiar with strategic Sourcing and Supply Management concepts
- Proven skillset as a strong collaborator and business partner
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof upon hire, or request a medical or religious accommodation.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Skilled in strategic Sourcing concepts; e.g. theoretical insight combined with experience in strategic sourcing and Category Management; Spend Analysis; Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) negotiation and contracting processes and methodologies
- Experience with Procurement tools, including Source to Pay, spend analytics, and contract authoring
- Proficiency with Ariba Source to Pay
- Experience in sourcing for commercial and corporate support functions spend areas, including Marketing/Sales Services and Meeting and Events
- Sourcing/procurement experience as part of a Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences company, working both strategically and operationally with vendors/suppliers.
- Sourcing/procurement experience as part of a team with global responsibility
- Willingness/Ability to travel up as needed. International travel may be required.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.