Our expanding In Vivo Pharmacology group in Lake County, IL has an opening for a motivated in vivo pharmacologist who is dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative therapeutics, both small molecule and biologics, with a focus on diseases of aging (including neurodegenerative, mitochondrial, and fibrotic disorders). Primary responsibilities include independently executing, reporting, and troubleshooting in vivo pharmacology studies based on previous hands-on experience and foundational theoretical knowledge.
The scientist will work on preclinical in vivo models for age-related diseases (e.g., fibrosis, immune, kidney, cardiovascular or CNS) as well as mechanism of action and PK/PD studies.
The position requires to interact with our in vitro biology, translational/ biomarkers, and medicinal chemistry teams to advance therapeutic agents through the R&D pipeline.
- Acts as Study Leader/Coordinator for assigned studies and demonstrates proficiency in general in vivo procedures
- Maintains competency in all aspects of rodent handling and treatment dosing of small molecules and biologics in mice and rats
- Experience with ELISA / MSD methods and/or immunohistochemistry of paraffin/frozen sections is desired.
- Develops and optimizes new methods/techniques to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner. Experience in ex vivo processing of tissues (homogenization, RNA extraction) and analyses (ELISA, MSD, flow cytometry) is desired
- Using an electronic notebook to maintain proprietary study records
- Working closely with his/her supervisor to schedule and prioritize workload to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Exhibiting excellent communication skills and the ability to present data clearly and thoroughly in both one-on-one interactions and group meetings
Position will be hired based on level of education and experience.
- BS or MS in Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology, or any related field of Biology required
- Mnimum 5+ years of experience (BS) or 2+ years of experience (MS)
- Proven expertise with design and execution of studies utilizing in vivo / ex vivo techniques in rodents is required
- Experience with drug formulation and administration to rodents via SC, PO, IP, and IV routes
- Experience utilizing in vivo / ex vivo techniques in rodents. This includes physiological measurements, tissue collection, and analysis by biochemical or histological methods. Experience with ELISA / MSD / Western Blots methods, flow cytometry and/or immunohistochemistry is desired
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with data analysis, presentation, management and statistical software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Prism) is necessary
- Good communication skills and willingness to work with a cross-functional team of researchers is essential
Key Leadership Competencies
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.