Medicago: A history of innovation and perseverance
We started our journey with one objective: to help protect human life and today, we are a global leader in developing and producing plant-based vaccines and therapeutics.
The incumbent is responsible for the execution of intermediate activities for biopharmaceutical production. Responsibilities involve day-to-day coordination of ongoing biopharmaceutical production, documentation and process efficiency improvements.
What your days would look like:
- Execution in the majority of the production processes to meet manufacturing and business requirements;
- Involved in most of the process scale-up, process optimization and process validation activities;
- Adhering to and development of documentation, including standard operating procedures and batch records;
- Coordinates inventory of consumables for production;
- Supports the generation and resolution of process deviations;
- Inspect and maintain the production equipment and control systems;
- Collaborates with process support and development groups to assure smooth process transition in manufacturing;
- Support department management in developing and providing training for the process floor;
- Inputs, reviews, and trends batch production data to support campaign summary report completion
- Technical degree with 3 years’ experience or a University degree with 2 years’ experience or equivalent
- Intermediate understanding of cGMP compliant production and documentation;
- Able to function in a fast-paced team environment to meet critical production timelines;
- Intermediate experience with process equipment and systems, including 2 or more of the following: Fermentation, Ultrafiltration, Chromatography (Unicorn®), Centrifugation, Aseptic Practices and Dispensing, Material Handling, Depth Filtration;
- Ability to work flexible schedules during process start-up and ongoing operations;
- Experience with flexible/disposable single-use systems and technology transfers are a plus
Medicago is changing the game!
Our Vision: Medicago envisions a world that is prepared to face any disease
Our Mission: To create and deliver effective responses to new global health challenges.
Our mission is driven by the values of innovation, integrity, collaboration, adaptability, and ownership. These values reflect the spirit and culture that inspire Medicago’s people.
As a pioneer in transient expression and plant-based manufacturing, Medicago has always sought a more effective way to improve human health. With nearly 20 years of experience and wisdom behind us, we are poised to revolutionize the traditional approach to vaccines and therapeutics.
It is important that you are legally entitled to work in the US or Canada at the time the job offer is made to you. You may be asked to provide proof of eligibility.