GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Research Associate II for the LabOps Core Services team, who will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient execution of GRAIL assays in support of Research and Development activities. The ideal candidate is a diligent, dynamic teammate with experience in both automated and manual NGS assay execution. The candidate will be expected to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Quality, Supply Chain, Biosample Operations, and Clinical Lab - to ensure the successful completion of R&D projects and general Operational support. You will:
Your qualifications and background will include:
- Execute on forecasted R&D experiments ranging from reagent evaluation and qualification to general data generation activities.
- Execute on automated and manual sample preparation and NGS assays.
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GLP, including results and methodology.
- Aid in the investigation of potential quality issues (both internal and external) and work with Quality to resolve Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials.
- Have excellent personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation.
- B.S in a relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in Next Generation Sequencing assays and workflows preferred.
- Experience with Automated sample preparation workflows is desired.
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology laboratory techniques including but not limited to (e.g. pipetting, SPRI, PCR, qPCR).
- Familiarity with nucleic acid extraction techniques and quantification devices (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR) is desired.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, innovative, and creative problem solver.
- General computer skills and proficiency in GSuite.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine and “Up to Date” with any recommended booster. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered; "Up to Date" means having timely received any COVID-19 vaccine booster(s) in accordance with CDC guidelines. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.