What You Will Achieve
Pfizer Oncology Research & Development (ORD) in La Jolla, California, is seeking a Senior Associate (non-PhD) Scientist who is passionate about making impactful contributions to developing the next generation of innovative cancer medicines. The candidate will become a member of a high-performance drug discovery team that focuses on the cancer cell cycle, seeks to identify novel therapeutic modalities and drives impactful drug discovery programs, from inception to clinical development. Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail are essential. Strong motivation to continually further knowledge base is expected. Strongest consideration will be given to candidates with experience in mammalian cell culture and flow cytometry techniques. Experience in tumor biology, cell cycle, CRISPR technology or 3D cell culture methods are a plus.How You Will Achieve It
Plan, organize, execute and analyze biochemical and cell biological assays using a broad range of technologies, as highlighted below
Perform routine cell culture, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques to support cancer target discovery, target evaluation and mechanism of action studies
Document experiments and data analysis in E-Workbook
Actively participate in the development and progression of our next generation of small-molecule therapeutic programs
Work in a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary drug discovery environment that fosters innovation
Regularly read scientific literature to continually expand knowledge base and aid experimental design
Effectively communicate and present results at team meetings
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Genetics, Pharmacology (or a comparable biological science) with a minimum of 3+ years (B.S.) or 0+ years (M.S.) of relevant experience in an academic or pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a high-performance team
- Ability to plan and execute in vitro experiments with minimal supervision
- Experience with some of these techniques: mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, mRNA isolation, qRT-PCR, cell proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Cell cycle, cell proliferation & cell death analysis techniques by flow cytometry
- Multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience/background in tumor biology & cell cycle research
- Incucyte cell imaging
- 3D cell culture techniques
- CRISPR based techniques for gene knockout or editing, or pooled CRISPR based screening approaches
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
Other Job Details
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it’s needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development