The Meeting Planner is responsible for partnering with strategic business unit senior management teams to streamline the meetings and events management process, identify synergies and best practices across brands and therapeutic areas, and identify cost effective solutions to convention marketing.
- Utilize tracking and measurement tools to determine the qualitative and quantitative effectiveness of expenditures across all therapeutic areas.
- Maintain, report and forecast annual brand meeting budgets.
- Liaise with the Compliance to track and monitor all compliance related expenditures and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the integrity of all HCP interactions at conventions and affiliated meetings in accordance with corporate guidelines and policies.
- Monitor vendor compliance with related policies and procedures, most notably those relating to regulatory and compliance of promotional materials and interactions with HCPs.
- Communication and enforcement of International Congress/Event Guidelines where applicable.
- Serve as program lead for national and global meeting/event programs.
- Cross collaboration with marketing brand stakeholders, financial controllers, procurement, and vendor partners.
- Liaise with cross functional stakeholders to determine program synergies/opportunities and deliver consist service and messaging across all convention programsResearch and recommend efficiencies in logistics, technologies, procedures, and/or industry related solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communication, organizational leadership or related field of study
- 5+ years of work experience
- Convention planning experience preferred – including staff & vendor management experience
- Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated success managing a both small and large scale projects.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent people and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions without direct authority.
- Analytical and forward thinker, results oriented, self-organized and self-starter
- Results-oriented with a proven track record of results
- Adaptable & change agent in an evolving environment