We are currently searching for a Scientific Resource Specialist/Program Analyst to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with staff of various units of the OITE on the development, implementation and presentation of educational programming: brainstorming ideas, designing integrated curricula, choosing and communicating with speakers, etc.
- Contribute to the implementation of major OITE events such as Summer and Postbac Poster Days, The Graduate & Professional School Fair, the Career Symposium, NIH Graduate Student Research Symposium, and Community College Day at the NIH.
- Provide input on and perform other programmatic functions to support OITE career and professional development events, as assigned, including (but not limited to) work related to OITE Mock Interview Sessions, OITE Summer Journal Clubs, and the OITE Resilience Training Program.
- Creating reports, analyzing, and compiling data on NIH trainee related matters; including but not limited, feedback surveys, activities based on output from the OITE website content management system on registration for OITE events, etc. when requested by the OITE Director.
- Develop and implement skills related to wellness and resilience. Take steps to gain a mastery of wellness/resilience concepts and material.
- Meeting with the OITE Director and OITE staff to discuss and coordinate content needs of the program(s).
- Assist staff with OITE events and workshops by facilitating the registration of attendees and fulfilling other logistical and event management roles in the preparation and implementation of events.
- Collect and compile survey data using Microsoft Excel and prepare aggregate data reports (averages, percentages, etc.) for OITE leadership.
- Perform content reviews of the OITE trainee handbooks, as needed.
- B.S/B.A. or Master’s Degree with at least five (3) years’ demonstrated experience providing program/management support.
- NIH experience is required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills to edit or prepare a variety of responses, meeting materials, technical and administrative correspondence, and reports.
- Expertise in effective verbal and written communications.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to drive positive results.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.