Facilities Ops Specialist II (3rd Shift)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionMaking a Difference on a Global Scale
We are seeking a Facilities Ops Specialist II at our Foster City, CA site that can provide excellent facilities maintenance support that will enable the maintenance and repair function to be a best-in-class services provider. This role is for our 3rd shift, with the hours of 11pm to 7:30am Sunday night to Friday morning.Located in Foster City, CAResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages maintenance on critical systems/equipment with the supervisor.
- Provides Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo) support enterprise-wide.
- Develops and revises Standard Operating Procedures and manages or contributes insights to key audit and compliance activities site wide.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses semi-complex equipment problems and makes repairs and adjustments as necessary.
- Provides input for junior-level specialists' performance evaluations.
- Responds to emergency notifications and coordinates with the technician/vendor to perform any required emergency repairs.
- Provides support to key functional personnel in the administration of deviation reporting or Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) process.
- Assists in updating, creating, and assigning work orders including corrective work from both GMP and non-GMP systems to the appropriate functional areas.
- Provides general maintenance as designated by the supervisor to include any or all of the following areas: production equipment, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting and life safety systems.
- Leads on assigned projects through completion independently with limited direct supervision and contributes to projects related to necessary site moves and relocation of facilities and services.
- Supervises and leads the workload of key contractors and other team members as needed. Train CMMS / CAFM users in work methods, procedures, and proper use of the work order system sitewide.
- Able to drive results in a largescale operation that includes a very fast-paced environment, changing priorities, and constantly added tasks.
- Must be able to champion a wide array of maintenance-related projects with impacting results.
- Strong command of maintenance concepts and fundamentals.
- Ability to work within building automation system applications such as Siemens Apogee, Tracer Ensemble, Johnson Controls, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to lead and manage project teams, including directing field technicians and subcontractors.
- Ability to read and comprehend P&ID's, electrical & architectural drawings.
- Effectively communicates with peers and project teams, including engineers, project managers, technicians, and subcontractors.
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- High School diploma (US).
- 7+ years of system and maintenance/equipment experience with specific proficiency demonstrated in parts CMMS Administration and inventory management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, MS Project, and typing more than 20 words per minute.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.