Administrative Coordinator, Global Patient Safety
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
We are seeking an experienced, highly organized, and proactive senior administrative professional to provide administrative support to Global Patient Safety Operation team. The position will be based in Foster City, CAKey Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform a wide variety of activities including handling complex projects/events
- Recommend, interpret, and/or implement company and internal administrative policies and procedures
- Interfaces with senior level external parties to provide information and answer queries
- Interfaces with a very broad range of internal management and staff in the course of meeting a wide range of administrative needs
- Attend meetings and accurately takes minutes, capturing the essence of the discussion and notes actions items for follow-up
- Perform routine activities such as word processing, answering calls, creating PowerPoint presentations, and assembling reports
- May design/revise processes to enhance workflow, which includes the use of software to generate reports, statistics, timelines, correspondence and presentations
- Prioritize workload involving multiple large projects/timelines. Such projects may include coordinating or leading the implementation of new and/or revised software applications/databases including interfacing with vendors, ensuring user training, etc. with minimal guidance.
- Schedule candidate interviews and arrange hotel and travel accommodations ensuring a positive candidate experience in partnership with Talent Acquisition
- Anticipate and successfully arranges for needed resources in order to meet timelines
- Use advanced level software programs such as MS Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint to create graphs, charts, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Under manager's direction, creates draft reports, documents, presentations and templates using raw data
- Understand the goals and objectives of the entire department and contributes to the attainment of those G&O's. Keeps the bigger picture in mind and influences workflows accordingly
- Coordinate large events which includes the planning, organizing and implementation of a number of event activities
- Liaise with guests and speakers to assess needs and coordinates, as needed, such activities as travel, hotel, expense reports and tools and materials for presentations
- May coordinate the preparation of annual budget, reviews monthly budget, reviews and researches variances
- May coordinate group lease cars requirements and activities (at International Locations)
- Assist with facilities space planning or office set-up. May screen and prioritize manager's mail and email
- Assist in the orientation and onboarding of new administrative assistants and other staff
- Ongoing, acts as a resource to other administrative assistants and is cross-trained to cover for another administrative assistant if he/she is out of the office for an extended period of time
- Perform specific tasks to support individual functional team; e.g., creating monthly medical case review schedule
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- High level of integrity and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Proven knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures
- Must possess good proofreading and editing skills of technical documents
- Ability to review the work of lower level administrative assistants
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Works under minimal supervision; proactive and anticipates future department needs and prepares accordingly
- Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus 3 - 5+ years administrative experience supporting executive(s)
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.